XT1 write errors with UHS-II cards

Mb.kinsman

Tried my first UHS-II card, the Lexar 32gb 1000x card and experienced random write errors while using the card. I have the latest firmware 4.1(tried it first on 4.0), tried 2 cards both experienced errors. I was shooting landscapes, S mode and CH mode, with the same issues, using RAW+JPEG .

Never any issues with other UHS-I cards. Also just tested new Lexar UHS-1 633x (U3) with no issue, no errors so it's not the brand.

Any new of Fuji addressing this issue (I know they used Toshiba in tests, but most users will use SanDisk or Lexar cards. Any comments.?

Mark

I've never experienced a write error with any UHS-2 card, be it Lexar or Toshiba or SanDisk. That said, I'm not using the slower 1000x card but the fast 2000x card. 

I have seen that the 2000x may not work fast in all X-T1 cameras. In my case, it works in 3 out of 4 X-T1 I've tested it with. In the exception model (early January 2014 production), the card works very slowly, seemingly falling back to a slow UHS-1 emergency mode. But still, no write errors. 

I didn't get any write errors when I tried some lexar 1000x cards...but when viewing the images the camera was a lot slower and often would freeze for a few moments...then I could view a few images...then freeze for a bit. This happened on both my XT1 bodies.

I got exactly the same issue, both my xt-1 have hard time displaying pictures from UHS-II cards. Initially I thought it was because of size (128G) and bought 32G. However, nothing changed. FW upgrades didn't impove situation, so mostly I shoot on UHS-I :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got exactly the same issue, both my xt-1 have hard time displaying pictures from UHS-II cards. Initially I thought it was because of size (128G) and bought 32G. However, nothing changed. FW upgrades didn't impove situation, so mostly I shoot on UHS-I :)

I picked up a couple of Lexar 1000x cards for a recent trip to Japan and was having the same problem with my XT1. I was a little freaked out at first, but I switched to an older, slower card and the issue went away.

I'm glad to find out it's not my camera, but it's kind of annoying. I wonder if it's the kind of thing that could be fixed in a future firmware update.

Tried my first UHS-II card, the Lexar 32gb 1000x card and experienced random write errors while using the card. I have the latest firmware 4.1(tried it first on 4.0), tried 2 cards both experienced errors. I was shooting landscapes, S mode and CH mode, with the same issues, using RAW+JPEG .

Never any issues with other UHS-I cards. Also just tested new Lexar UHS-1 633x (U3) with no issue, no errors so it's not the brand.

Any new of Fuji addressing this issue (I know they used Toshiba in tests, but most users will use SanDisk or Lexar cards. Any comments.?

Mark

Same problem in CH the 2000x Lexar UHS-2 32GB. Returned card and ordered my favorite: 

91XpO1HfltL._SX522_.jpg

Q: Are UHS-2 cards worth the cost for STILL photography at this time? I can see it for 4K video on other cameras. But for folks shooting single shot or even CH, isn't the cheaper UHS-1 U3 good enough? The Lexar was $70 and the UHS-1 was $25. Not seeing a $50 benefit with write errors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting topic!

When I use my only UHS- II, the Lexar 32gb, my X- T1 starts very slowly- it first shows the display, then I have to wait around 15 seconds, till I see how many shots are left, till the EVF starts working.

After that everything is working as I am used too.

This strange behaviour only occurs with this card in the X- T1, not in the X- E2 nor the X100s.

• 4 weeks later...