Sign in to follow this  
Learningful

Flashing Display - Lens Error

My X-T1 has just gone back to Fuji a second time for the same problem. When I turn on the camera, the rear lcd display begins flashing (alternating between black and whatever the camera is pointed at every second.) Check out this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/ZEe0O8eWQCk. All camera functions (other than on/off) are frozen when this happens.

When I sent it (along with my lenses) to Fuji in December, they were able to replicate the problem only once, and never again. They finally shipped it back to me 6 weeks later, having basically only upgraded the firmware. Camera was fine for about 50-60 shots, then the problem returned. The problem appears NOT to be lens related, since the problem occurs with both my Fuji lenses, as well as a random Fuji lens supplied by the retail salesperson. Someone suggested it could be the Auto Focus motor; I've also heard about a problem with the ribbon that connects the lens to the body, but I know nothing about that.

Anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix? Thanks

Exact same thing happened with mine but foretunately fuji replaced an electrical component in it and working fine. Sorry don't have more details but fuji will fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exact thing happens randomly to me on the xpro1.  I find if I push the lens onto the body a bit harder it stops it.  To me it seems like a problem with the contacts on the lens and on the body.

This just happened to me with a three week old XT1. After reading the above posts, I removed the lens and carefully cleaned the lens and camera contacts and pins with a pencil eraser tipping the camera face down so no debris would drop on the sensor. Put the lens back on and the camera is now fine. So this seems to be related to the lens-camera connection.

I'm having the same exact problem. Has to be something related to the lens or the camera-lens connection as the body works fine if turned on without lens.

Any one found a solution?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By traveltarte
      Recently my XT1 stopped working, when I have a lens attached the lcd screen flashes for 20 seconds and then I get the message "Lens Control Error" on screen and am unable to take any shots. I've tried a few things already (listed at the bottom) and none of these steps have resolved the issue. I've tested it with my 16mm lens and another lens and the error seems to occur with any lens, so I'm sure it's an issue with the body and not the lens. When I remove the lens the error doesn't occur.
      I'm currently travelling in Colombia and according to their designated service centre here (who I'm not entirely sure I trust) I need to have the camera's main board ("tarjeta principal") replaced, for which they're quoting around $150. I just want to be sure that this really is the issue before I shell out the cash to have it fixed.
      Has anyone had this error fixed by Fuji and if so, do you know what element needed to be fixed? 
      Thanks in advance.
      S
      Steps I've already tried:
      Turned the camera on and off; removed the battery for a few mins and replaced; updated the firmware for both the camera and lens; reset the camera to factory default settings; taken the lens on and off; cleaned the copper contact points both on the lens and the body.

• By amirhoseinabedian
      Hello Guys

My name is Amir, I'm a Photographer from Iran.
      I recently Joined this Community because I need your advice or opinion on a situation here.

I'm a film shooter and recently I decided to buy a Fujifilm X Camera. I mainly do Landscapes, along with some portraits and street.

I'm on a tight budget (roughly 1100$) and new Fuji products are very expensive here! (more than their normal price worldwide!) so I'm not in a good financial position to buy a Fuji X-T2...
      But recently I came across two options here. one is a brand new Fujifilm X-T1+18-55 kit lens around 800$ price tag (special offer) and the other one is a used X-T20+18-55 kit lens (roughly 2000 shots) around 950$.

Depending on my needs, which one do you suggest? I'm planning to go with it for a minimum of 3 years so its a crucial choice for me here and also the weather sealing is a real deal breaker for me.

what do you suggest? what should I do?

• By soboy
      Greetings from Roswell, GA.  I've been into photography since the 1960's, Long time Nikon user, just switched to Fuji.  I sold some images with the Nikon and have really enjoyed using it.  I'm giving it to my son who has a keen interest in photography and a good eye.  Thought about getting a full frame Nikon but just could not deal with the size and weight.  I've been fascinated with what Fuji is doing to advance digital photography ever since using an original X100 that belonged to a fellow photographer.  Decided to make the Fuji jump when I picked up a new, USA legal X-T1 and the 2.8 kit lens (not like any kit lens I've ever seen before, this baby impresses in all respects).   The deal seemed to be "too good to be true", got the camera and lens for $899 from B&H.   First round of sooc test shots blew me away - bokeh is incredible, as is image quality and the colors are amazing.  Camera feels perfect in my hands and this is the nicest piece of kit I've owned in a long time.  Could not be happier with my choice.  Looking forward to participating here and learning a lot.  Here is the first sooc test shot I took in classic chrome, everything else default camera jpeg.  I have already bonded with the Fuji!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.