X-T1 Batteries

kmleffler

My Wasabis work well. But I have accepted that the X-T1 is a battery guzzler.

True words. It really takes a lot of silly gymnastic to get just a bit more out of those mirrorless cameras. A D800 can hold up to 2k pictures with a single battery and I know a friend who does concert events, he can get up to 3k if needed.

Suddenly, those 350ish shots I am so proud to get out of a single battery look ridiculous...

True words. It really takes a lot of silly gymnastic to get just a bit more out of those mirrorless cameras. A D800 can hold up to 2k pictures with a single battery and I know a friend who does concert events, he can get up to 3k if needed.

Suddenly, those 350ish shots I am so proud to get out of a single battery look ridiculous...

dSLRs run on 7.2 Volt instead of the 3.6 Volt that the Fuji runs on. That said the 7.2 Volt batteries have two cells with a total of around 1500mAh. The Fuji has around 1200mAh. So roughly half the power of the dSLRs. I used to get around 600-800 shots from my D610 on a Weddingday (usually switching around 450-500 shots for safety). Now I change every 225-250 shots for safety. So all in all it's not a "bad" trade off. Smaller size equals less shots. I carry 2 cameras and have around 5-6 spares for a day. (I use my 23mm camera a whole lot more so the 56mm camera only needs 2 shots of juice, the 23mm around 3-4). 

Oh don't get me wrong Patrick, I know that large DSLR and those smaller mirrorless don't use the same battery.

But still, it kinda makes me wish we could have something akin the number of those high end DSLR, if I remember correctly, even the Sony A7 doesn't really go much beyond the 350ish shots. So I guess I should be happier with what I get out of mine...

I take usually 3 batteries with me, along a power bank and the Patona Traveler's charger, essentially that gives me around 5 batteries if given enough time to charge them, otherwise, I am at 4ish.

http://www.amazon.com/DOT-01-Replacement-Fujifilm-NP-W126-Batteries/dp/B00XIMOISC/

Anyone seen these? They're apparently 1800mAH (regular NP-W126 is 1200).

I have Wasabi and ChiliPower batteries and they work great.

Looks interesting but years of those kind of batteries with higher nominal values than the originals taught me to be more careful than those with same or lower values.

I seem to miss this issue.  I heard how the xt1 uses batteries so I picked up 3 Watson batteries just in case; for a trip I had planned.  I figured I was good with 4 batteries for the all day shooting I would be doing.  It turns out I only had to go to a second battery one day out of the five I was on the trip!

I find battery usage of the xt1 to be minimal and no difference between the Fuji and the Watson batteries.  I see a lot of comments online, but for me battery usage is a non-issue.  Maybe I just got lucky with my camera being different than the others, but so far I am a happy camper.

A lot of battery life has to do with how you shoot and use the camera. At my last wedding, I somehow got about 500 frames on one battery before I had to change it. The wedding before that I think I averaged 350 frames per battery but was chimping more and using more OIS lenses. Again, it all depends.

I use the original X-T1 battery, plus I have four Wasabi batteries.  They are phenomenal.  Love them.  Same lasting power as the original and for under $30.00 US it comes with a charger, plus the plug to the cigarette lighter.

Sweet price.  Great product!  Available on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that by changing the setup so that the EVF and LCD are both off unless I put the camera to my eye or press the rear menu button or play button ... greatly extends the battery life.

That's how most of us get to those 350+ shots. Any other way and you are stuck with 250ish most of the time and god if you dare leave it on LCD sensor it or only EVF it can trickle down to below 200 shots...

I swear by this Wasabi Kit on  Amazon

i have a review on Amazon as well.

Comes with a charger, two batteries, car cigarette charger cable as well.  I've been using Wasabi since my X-E1 days back in 2013.  Still have the same batteries, plus some more I purchased for my X-T1.

If I ever need more, I'll buy the same exact ones.  

I swear by this Wasabi Kit on  Amazon

i have a review on Amazon as well.

Comes with a charger, two batteries, car cigarette charger cable as well.  I've been using Wasabi since my X-E1 days back in 2013.  Still have the same batteries, plus some more I purchased for my X-T1.

If I ever need more, I'll buy the same exact ones.  

I've been meaning to pick up a couple Wasabis and a charger (I hate that Fuji charger :lol:). 

I used to work at Future Shop (same products as Best Buy) and I got two DigiPower replacement batteries for the X-T1, purely because they were so cheap with my staff discount that it was worth trying. I've had great luck with them. If I'm just bringing my camera with me daily I'll keep the Fuji battery in, but the last wedding I shot, I used the battery grip, and I started with both DigiPower batteries and had the Fuji battery as the spare. I shot just over 600 shots that day and didn't even drain the first battery. That was a mix of using mostly EVF + eye sensor, some eye sensor with the LCD, and turning it off when I had the chance.