Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS X Mount

dv.

If only Fuji has ibis....this lens would be perfect for nighttime handheld shot....

Fuji says image stabilisation is bad for the image quality (therefore they don't use OIS in most of their primes and top zooms) so I am pretty sure they won't add ibis soon. Not something I'd miss though, even if they'd use IBIS I would use a (small) tripod for long night shots. 

If only Fuji has ibis....this lens would be perfect for nighttime handheld shot....

There are ways of stabilizing a handheld shot that might help. I was trying some techniques on the shots I showed above. There are some videos on YouTube teaching those techniques. Here is one example:

6 Ways to Hold a Camera for Slow Shutter Speeds a…:

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Mine arrived this week. Took it out for a walk around the park, along with the dog!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have used both and to be honest, the Rokinon is dang sharp. The color/WB required a little tweak to look the same as the Fuji 10-24, but it was easy in LR.

If you don't mind manual focus.... I'd bet you'd be happy with the 12mm. You'd have a very hard time spotting one from another in real world shooting.

Every year in São Paulo there is an architecture exhibit called Casa Cor.  Perfect moment to test out the Samyang 12mm (Rokinon in my case).

Here are some of the shots I took.

19706979846_cd9a32ffa0_c.jpgCasa Cor 2015 - Sao Paulo by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

19546377219_6cbcff2da9_c.jpgCasa Cor 2015 - Sao Paulo by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

19545005248_7f685070d2_c.jpgCasa Cor 2015 - Sao Paulo by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

19707084406_b131680a0f_c.jpgCasa Cor 2015 - Sao Paulo - Camila Klein by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

19733238445_1692472819_c.jpgCasa Cor 2015 - Sao Paulo by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Samyang 12mm on the Batur Volcano - Bali

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Is there anyone using it as an "Party Lens"? I'm currently torn between this and the 8mm f2.8, I used to shoot my Parties on FullFrame with either my 24 or 35mm. I would love some more content on my photos and could have one X-T1 with either the 8 or 12mm and my other X-T1 with a 23 or 35mm (once I get the latter).

With 12mm and f5 you get the following:

Subject distance  125 cm  

Depth of field 

Near limit  68.6 cm

Far limit  707.1 cm

Total  638.5 cm  

In front of subject  56.4 cm (9%)

Behind subject  582.1 cm (91%)

This seems like a good Party-Lens with zone-focussing... No "slow" AF to rely on and just click on anything from roughly 2'2" will be in focus (an arm lengths away) al the way up to roughly 20ft. 

Is there anyone using it as an "Party Lens"? I'm currently torn between this and the 8mm f2.8, I used to shoot my Parties on FullFrame with either my 24 or 35mm. I would love some more content on my photos and could have one X-T1 with either the 8 or 12mm and my other X-T1 with a 23 or 35mm (once I get the latter).

With 12mm and f5 you get the following:

Subject distance  125 cm  

Depth of field 

Near limit  68.6 cm

Far limit  707.1 cm

Total  638.5 cm  

In front of subject  56.4 cm (9%)

Behind subject  582.1 cm (91%)

This seems like a good Party-Lens with zone-focussing... No "slow" AF to rely on and just click on anything from roughly 2'2" will be in focus (an arm lengths away) al the way up to roughly 20ft. 

yes, given its 18mm wide angle view / 12x1.5=18 (in 35mm format). it is a great party lens. I often shot large groups of people with it. and it is surely fun to use! :) cheers :D

yes, given its 18mm wide angle view / 12x1.5=18 (in 35mm format). it is a great party lens. I often shot large groups of people with it. and it is surely fun to use! :) cheers :D

Do you have a couple of examples on which you zone-focusses by any chance?