dv.

Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS X Mount

awesome job on filling the corners on these!!! they are great. Love the one where the person is pointing into the corner of the frame. so cool

what f/stop did you have to shot the one with the star flare off the building? ahh.. never mind.. found it.. I was going to guess f/22 actually. nice.

Great shots dv.!

I have the Walimex Pro version of this great lens!!! I really love it! So here are some examples for you to decide if you also want to purchase this lens. Notice there are no distortion or vignetting corrections. I just did some colour editings. Hope you like it.

Over there! by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Isle of quietness by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Rockin' their asses off by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

D.oF 12mil by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Season has just started - 2015 by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Stage by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

About Bokeh, lines & green by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Gesture by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Soundcheck by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Purple sky by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Yellow by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Roaring by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Yummy by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Bar by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp, auf Flickr

Here's the link to all the pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/93978937@N07/tags/12mmf20/

Funny, I almost bought this lens on my honeymoon in Manhattan last week. We probably would have had some similar photos.

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png"> Ended up getting the 23 1.4 instead, but I'd still like to pick this one up sometime. 

I ordered my Samyang 12 mm f 2 last week and I'm waiting for it any day now.  

Can't wait to try it, even more so after seeing your beautiful pictures!!  

/uploads/emoticons/default_wub.png">

Ciaooo, 

/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png">

R

The Rokinon lens is exactly the same lens, and cheaper at most vendors. It's the opposite with the 8mm fisheye - on that one the samyang is cheaper. Get whichever, but personally I'd get the cheaper one since they are identical.

Seeing these great shots has me excited to get mine. I ordered it last week and it arrives on Thursday, just in time for a week's vacation at Glacier National Park. I can't wait to get this on my camera and see what I can do with it. I'm particularly looking forward to trying it out at night and hopefully getting some shots of the Milky Way.

Some of my samples. Can't wait to shoot more with it.  Very fun to use, but you gotta get very close or your subjects will be tiny!

I've really been considering this lens, but wondered overall how images would look. I would imagine distortion starts to really kick in seeing how that's getting in to the Fisheye territory. I remember how my 20mm Nikkor use to really warp around the edges. Still really considering the 12mm Rokkinon.

I've really been considering this lens, but wondered overall how images would look. I would imagine distortion starts to really kick in seeing how that's getting in to the Fisheye territory. I remember how my 20mm Nikkor use to really warp around the edges. Still really considering the 12mm Rokkinon.

depends on your intended use and how you use it.  You can both emphasize (foreground & camera tilt) and avoid (background & level camera) the perspective distortion.  Its up to you. Not to be confused with barrel distortion. 

It certainly requires a bit more care to use the wider and closer you get to result in the look you are after.    

First day of relatively good weather since I bought the Samyang 12mm.

My first impression is that it's not that sharp as I was hoping. Maybe I'm simply spoiled by the amazing sharpness of the Fujinons

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png"> But I need more time to test it.

If the weather is fine, this afternoon I'll thoroughly test it. This is just a quick random shot taken during my daily morning walk with my dog.

F5.6 seems to be the lens's sweet spot. Also the focus markings are a bit off.

Try setting your camera to AF (yup, not manual focus) then hit the focus assist button, then MF.

I found that in AF mode it actually zooms in more than MF modes, so its even easier to nail focus.

I feel like you've missed focus the tiniest bit.

First day of relatively good weather since I bought the Samyang 12mm.

My first impression is that it's not that sharp as I was hoping. Maybe I'm simply spoiled by the amazing sharpness of the Fujinons

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png"> But I need more time to test it.

If the weather is fine, this afternoon I'll thoroughly test it. This is just a quick random shot taken during my daily morning walk with my dog.

.I feel like you've missed focus the tiniest bit.

It could be... my soul and eyes were still sleeping while I was out with my dog.

And thanks a lot for the AF / MF tip.... let me drink a coffee first, and then I'm out of here again and I'll use it as you recommended

/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png">

The 12mm f2.0 ROKINON (Samyang) is the ideal lens for astro-photography.

With large open aperture and shutter speeds between 25-30 seconds at ISO 1600 you achieve great results.

I like the lens and bought it specially for the night and astrophotography.

Moon light

Flickr   Volcano Teide, Tenerife

The Samyang 12mm is my first wide angle lens for my Fuji XT1.

I'm loving it... but not completely.

1. the focus ring is quite stiff (as reported elsewhere), and the lens moves a bit on the camera body (maybe half a millimetre) while rotating the focus ring. That's quite an annoying issue, although it does not affect the final result.

2. Chromatic aberration is quite evident near the edges of the picture... I use linux darktable, which is not that clever at correcting chromatic aberration... not that happy about that. struggling a bit in post-production.

3. Loving the f/2 aperture!!! Useful for indoor shots, astrophoto (not tried that well enough, indeed), and some creative shots

4. Manual focus: quite easy to use... although the end of the focus ring does not correspond to infinity... That's actually a bit before the ring stop.

5. It's cheaper and wider than the XF 14mm... better suited for seascapes and countryside landscapes

6. I do think that the fujinon XF 16 f/1.4 would be the perfect wide companion for my Samyang 12mm.

Just waiting for the first used copies (or for some new fuji cashback coming to Italy in order to buy it new!!!)... :-)

Stefano