X-Pro2 delayed

I agree with Larry, I would rather have a delay and receive a camera that performs as advertised and improves on the pre-production versions used by the 100 "testers" than one that has glitches that need fixes from the start.

I am not normally an early adopter but I love the X-Pro1 so much with the latest firmware that the X-Pro2 being an evolution rather than a new camera is a bit of a no brainer.

I agree with Larry, I would rather have a delay and receive a camera that performs as advertised and improves on the pre-production versions used by the 100 "testers" than one that has glitches that need fixes from the start.

I have to agree with that. I hate waiting, and now waiting even longer, but I'd rather have it right than have it soon. Here's hoping it won't be delayed more than a few weeks. 

These delays are super annoying.  They keep saying it's because of high demand, but why wouldn't they just ship out the ones that are ready to those that preordered early on?  I love my XT1, but the Xpro2 has some nice advantages I'm planning on using at weddings this year.  hurry up Fuji!!!

I agree.  It makes no sense to delay shipping X-Pro 2's to Fuji retailers as they are assembled, tested, packaged, and shipped.  The delayed shipping date of X-Pro 2's from Fuji in Japan tells me that Fuji is having an issue with obtaining components for the cameras from parts suppliers, or Fuji is still tinkering with the camera to cut down on the number of future firmware updates it will need to issue after sales commence.

If the latter is the case, Fuji may be dealing with the law of unintended consequences -  making modification "X" to add or better a particular feature, thereby causing an undesired effect "Y" to occur. 

It's not that unusual for B&H and Adorama to be conservative with due dates for high-demand items. And no one complains if the stuff gets out a little earlier than the published due date. The most likely scenario is that demand is higher than they can fulfill with their originally scheduled first shipment. First camera from Fuji with a (potentially) better sensor - first new sensor in 4 years? Yeah, it's demand. Way too late in the game for most of the other scenarios - undiscovered flaw, etc.... Some may find Thom's analysis of the D500 delay interesting reading.

Kevin Mullins says he has received the final production firmware for the X-Pro2, so it seems whatever the bug was they needed to fix, they have fixed it. I assume that means that all of the cameras that were already made, boxed up and packaged for shipping are now going to have to be opened back up and updated before they are boxed up again, repackaged and shipped out. I hope they are working overtime to get that done so we don't have to wait too much longer to get our cameras. 

At a local photostore in Sweden yesterday when they showed a X-Pro2 with the final production release version. Yes its ready to ship.

How would a local store in Sweden know anything? Over here, shipping starts on 10MAR. That is if nothing else happens. And by the way, I hope that Fuji will revisit this so-called production firmware. While it does work, there are still a few things in it that should be taken care of. In any case, firmware certainly wasn't the reason to delay the hardware. But hey, what do I know? ;)

A Fuji staffer in Singapore says its a small hardware issue invoving the shutter release. Something about the shutter getting randomly stuck. It may be due to a tight weather sealing gasket. Its best they fix the issue first if that indeed is the only issue.

A Fuji staffer in Singapore told me the delay may be caused by a small hardware issue invoving the shutter release. Something about the shutter getting randomly stuck. Possibly due to an overly tight weather sealing gasket. Its best they fix the issue first before shipping - if that indeed is the only issue.