Fuji XT-2

sharkman53

Hi, I am new to Fuji, my XT-2 will arrive on 9/12, I having been shooting with Nikon for a very long time so I am looking for some suggestions on the best resources to help me setup my new camera.  I am looking for information to help get me up to speed with shooting with this new system.  I am excited to become a Fuji user and look for to making amazing images.

Thanks for the help.

Every camera company has their own way of creating a user interface. Without a doubt, the fastest way to get up to speed is a comfy chair and the manual in one hand and the camera in the other. Try everything. No matter if you are just photographing the corner of the room, this is about camera operation, not photography. The more fluent you become with the new camera, the more fun you will have. I shoot both, and give a slight edge to Fujifilm over Nikon for logical design of controls and menus.

Reading the manual is the best place to start If you never have used a camera with a shutter speed dial and aperture ring on the lens for the setting basic exposure parameters. If you learned photography on old manual film cameras like many (some?) of us did, it will feel completely intuitive to you. 

My setup is as follows, this gives me everything I need at a button or in My Menu:

MY MENU

edit/save custom setting

wireless communication

movie af mode

mf assist

focus check

af+mf

release/focus priority

af point display

Q MENU:

Top row:

select custom setting

film simulation

grain

dynamic range

Second row:

highlight tone

shadow tone

color

sharpness

Third row:

flash function setting

flash compensation

shutter

self-timer

Fourth row:

image size

image quality

movie mode

mic level adjustment

Buttons on d-pad:

top = af mode

left = af-c custom settings

right = eye detection settings

bottom = drive settings

Top fn button = iso auto setting

Front fn button = preview exp/wb in manual mode

Just got my XT-2.... Simply awesome! Love those button locks; fails won't turned accidentally anymore. Yet to try out its' other functions and image quality....

Best thing is...... wife still think it's XT-1....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Been running my new X-T2/ Booster Pack through its paces since yesterday and I'm happy to report that so far the camera is simply phenomenal in every way. The feel with the new Verticle grip is improved and my X-T1's Lensmate Thumb Rest fits perfectly. The new information readout character size on the LCD is smaller and not so intrusive. The new dial locks are pure genius and the read and right speeds seem much faster while using my same Sandisk Extreme Pro 280mbs/sec UHS-II card in slot #1. Auto focus much improved overall and focus selection toggle a dream to use. Image quality much better than the X-T1 viewed on Apple 5K screen with a slight color difference with the red tones. Picture review and detail enlargement button on the same wheel a much improved method of reviewing your images, and the clarity of the LCD and the brightness of the EVF is exactly as good as rumored and so easy to use in brightly lit outdoor situations. Battery life seems a bit better, but the body does feel slightly warm after a few hours of use. When the Verticle Booster Pack is attached I don't notice and change in temperature. New door covers feel much safer and charging last night via the new AC/DC charging system very convenient and eas to use with two small convenient green LEDs mimicking the LED on the charger unit telling you charging is complete. The difference in size is negligible and the hold ability is slightly improved over the X-T1 for my hands. New menu interface was easy to learn and more logical than X-T1, but it will take some time to change habits from daily use of old X-T1 menus. EVF blackout not noticed but I'll really get to test this feature shooting surfing this weekend. Over all Fujifilm has done another terrific job of listening to our needs and suggestions and making the changes quickly instead of waiting years like I did with Canon. This camera is simply too good to ignore and I can see a lot of serious photographers jumping over to the X System to this camera. A year ago I put my trust into Fuji that they would release a serious professional tool, and I'm happy to report they've done exactly that. Mahalo nui loa Fujifilm from Hawaii.