X-T2 delivery

Mike G

Lets hope so Mike,I had to phone them to update my card too and the seem pretty certain that they will ship them on the 7th

The only thing they said was they where not sure how many grips they had coming so they may follow later depening on stock levels 

so all looking at the moment

Edited by gaz55

Adorama billed my card today!

9/06/16

For camera and all accessories.

I'm not sure if that means they are shipping 9/7 for arrival 9/8 as other people are getting from other suppliers...

My order status doesn't reveal anything except "backordered".

Hoping to see a shipping notice later today!

Adorama billed my card today!

9/06/16

For camera and all accessories.

I'm not sure if that means they are shipping 9/7 for arrival 9/8 as other people are getting from other suppliers...

My order status doesn't reveal anything except "backordered".

Hoping to see a shipping notice later today!

...now listed as "Shipping Soon" as well.

It's early this a.m., but B&H shows order status of "new order processing" and tracking as "pending," which is unchanged over time. I ordered on 7/7. I guess things won't happen until tomorrow at the earliest. Too bad as I'm headed on travel next week and would have liked to take it along. 

I picked up my X-T2 2 hours ago from local shop. Win for the Local shop :)

So far I am blown away. As i read someone say somewhere it makes X-T1 look like a Beta model and I loved that camera.

So far only tried it with 35mm F1.4 as that is my favorite lens and the one I know the best. AF improvement in High Perf mode (no grip) is absolutely fantastic real improvement especially given that is an old lens. Its now lightening fast. Continous is good for stills, but its very very hunty in video mode, however I was useing the general CAF setting I have not played with the custom ones yet so this may improve. Also the 35mm will generally be used in Manual focus mode when I shoot video, I was just testing it for interest.

So many nice little touches, the layout feels more open without the video button, the joystick is cough a joy, the d-pad is so much more confident and firm and easy to find with your fingers. IN video mode when you drop shutter speed from 30 to 15 on the dial it automatically goes to 1/24 or 1/25 of a second if you are in a 24FPS or 25FPS video mode, this small detail is huge on the X-T1 if you were in those modes you had to fiddle about and could not get 1/24th if memory serves me right.

Structurally the side doors for SD card and interfaces are so so much better. THe battery door satch switch feels less robust than on X-T1 but that might be becuase its so smooth there is no resistance and it feels weird. Time will tell, to be honest I am splitting hairs here but I thought I should put something in to balance the gushing.

The images so far have been very very good, but not had time to process or get them on a PC so this is based on the back of the camera, but resolution improvement is very good.

I will post more thoughts in the coming days, but its a solid upgrade giving me a lot of the ergonomic AF and video improvements I have been waiting for. Further use of the AF in more varied settings and with better lens is needed.I am very interested to see how the 50-140mm does as apparently that is my fastest focusing lens

G

Gordon, that's almost exactly what I thought, it all feels a lot slicker in operation and I also like the new font used for the screen and menus.

As a side issue there seems no way to register the vertical power boost grip for warranty purposes!

Edited by Mike G

OKay had an afternoon in the playground with my daughter the CAF and Low burst rate (5FPS) is a revelation. Using the 56mm F1.2 at F2 I was getting every shot in the burst a keeper. The EVF lag is much better, there are blackouts but fewer and shorter in duration so with a running child at least you do not lose them and can track them very well while shooting a burst. This will only improve with the battery grip I am sure.

However the AF in single shot is ridiculous. The shutter sound on the X-T2 is much more refined and quieter and this combined with the AF speed actually made me uncomforable. It is so quick to take a shot now that i was worried that I had not pressed the button or that it would be out of focus, then I zoom in and its super sharp. I have to say colour me impressed. I still have to test it with the 50-140mm but so far lenses used are 35mm 56mm and 90mm and on all of them the AF has been outstanding. 

Its just a super slick camera. oh and Acros is addictive as hell. I often have buyers remorse when I buy things especially if I buy them brand new and they are as expensive as this camera. I have ZERO buyers remorse as I can totally see where my money has gone. I don't think I would have got a better camera than this for the money I think that £3500 and I would still be struggling.

G