Inexpensive macro option for X pro - adapter and lens combo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would love to have the option to  take some macro images with my X pro cameras ( 1&2) I don't really want to buy a macro lens that I will use a couple times a year.

What options are their for older lenses and adapters - even extension tubes on existing lenses.

I've been doing this a long time, but never got into macro, so some suggestions would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely would be better to use real macro lens, even old one (also auto-focus is not really useful in this case).

You could buy Canon FD 50mm Macro with tubes for 50$ + adapter - basically same price as for Macro Extension Tubes MCEX-11 / MCEX-16.

My solution is a Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Adaptall-II (model 72B) which gives me 1:1 magnification and a comfortable working distance for just under £90.

Doesn't have the same reputation as the earlier 90mm f/2.5, so prices tend to stay low.

(Edit: some details here)

On my X-T1:

28979766455_e51873380a_c.jpg

strawberry by Jean-Yves, on Flickr

28979766685_5250ca9c2c_c.jpg

greenongreen by Jean-Yves, on Flickr

Edited by ruby.monkey

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By arhetyp
      Hi everyone,
      I am new to the vintage lenses topic and just purchased first M42 adapter from well known K&F Concept - Pro version.
      The issue is it seems to be a bit loose while mounted to the X-T10.
      Is that normal or it should perfectly fit?
      Three very tiny screws are on the adapter - what are they designed for?
      I will appreciate any you opinions on that.
      Kind Regards,
      Arek
    • By BauhausNE
      Hi,
      I’m thinking about purchasing the GFX100s for architecture photography.
      Can anyone share their experience?
      What Tilt/shift lens can I can use? I don’t believe that Fuji offers a T/S, correct?Currently, I’m using a Canon 5DMK IV with the EF 24 T/S. Is there a way to use that lens on the GFX100s? 
      Thank you,
      Mark
    • By Gareth 32
      I just recently bought the xs 10 and havent used it much it's still new. I noticed that when shooting 4k and DCI 4k there's a lite flicking sound that sound like a fan or something that comes from the front near the lense mount or even in the lens. I also heard this during playback when testing the internal mic. This sound does not happen when shooting FHD and I'm wondering is it because shooting 4k is more taxing on the Camera or the Lense. When I take the lense of and record with the sensor cap on the camera the sound is gone. is this normal or is this a fault and If its a fault can it be fixed or should I send the camera back. Thanks
    • By YOUTA
      I was imagining if ,fujifilm itself or any third parties ,make a auto focusing speedbooster to use fujifilm gfx lenses on fujifilm x series camera's !! . i might sound stupid , but actually it has great benefits in many area's . people who own x series and gfx series ,don't have to buy different lenses . also the camera industry is slowly shifting to medium format from full frame , so we will start seeing speedbooster for gfx lenses to different fullframe mount's of other manufacturer cameras too . so what do you think about this ? ,let's us all share our opinion's here ! about this , so maybe this might lead to a speedbooster ,like we said ! ,from fujifilm or third parties !! ,since many are using gfx camera's these day's ,who also has a x series body with them . so share your opinion's about this here , have a nice day !
    • By thehiddenglobe
      Hi guys, 
      I am new to this forum, I have in the past year purchased an XT30, which came with the kit lens 15-45mm 3.5-5.6. 

I’m looking for a new lens with the primary usage of travel photography. 
      So far I’ve been looking at the 18-55mm 2.8-4.0 or the 35mm F2.
      I am looking for a lens that will cover most scenarios when travelling. Nothing hugely fancy, anyone have any ideas?
      Cheers guys 
      Alex