Fuji X100 VI OWNERS ( Camera noise ! + JPEGS ) please help

Fuji X100 VI OWNERS ( Camera noise ! + JPEGS )

Please help me

Camera noise : -

With IBIS turned ON , I can still hear a low volume noise only when moving the camera from side to side. It's not the autofocus. It almost sounds as though it's coming from the vicinity of the lens - I can only hear the noise if the camera is relatively close to my ear - Perhaps the aperture blades moving !? Does your camera make the same noise ?

Does this happen with your X100 VI ?

Please advise - I would appreciate it lots

That camera is so new, that, right now, there are probably not a lot of members that have one yet.

As far as IBIS goes, noisy sounds is commonly reported in cameras from every manufacturer that includes it in the bodies. Usually it turns out that unless you are hearing the noise followed by dust and camera bits falling out of the body, there is nothing to worry about, some quiet noise is normal.

Mine makes a very low hum, not sure that's what you're referring to. I'm more interested in the sharp electronic buzz at startup. It makes an audible "bzz" when turned on or turned off. The X100F also was noisy at startup, but didn't sound like this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 12:09 AM, AdamL said:

Fuji X100 VI OWNERS ( Camera noise ! + JPEGS )

Please help me

Camera noise : -

With IBIS turned ON , I can still hear a low volume noise only when moving the camera from side to side. It's not the autofocus. It almost sounds as though it's coming from the vicinity of the lens - I can only hear the noise if the camera is relatively close to my ear - Perhaps the aperture blades moving !? Does your camera make the same noise ?

Does this happen with your X100 VI ?

Please advise - I would appreciate it lots

Don't have the x100vi, but do have the x-h1and have had the x100s. Ibis noise on the x-h1 sounds more like a laptop fan, aperture blade noise on the x100s is a very soft clicking.

For me, the x100s' aperture blade clicking was so soft that it didn't bother me. The x-h1's ibis noise is loud enough that it requires an external mike when taking video. Was majorly annoyed that reviewers seem to have missed such a major design flaw. On the x-h1 the system is also active (to keep the sensor in its position) when disabled, proving that the often espoused claim that including ibis has no downsides for those who don't want it "because it can be turned off" is a load of bollocks.

Edited by Florian

On 3/22/2024 at 5:28 AM, nilter said:

I got my x100vi yesterday and i have this sound when i turn it on: https://streamable.com/w0xyem (old video from x100v not mine, but same sound) i'm sure the sound started a few hours after initial setup and taking some pictures... i don't find it normal, but enough people in forums say it is, will i have to return the camera? 🤔

How can you be so sure? Mine does the same sound, I thought it was normal. Although I also own an x-t5 and it doesn't make that noise.

Listening very carefully I noticed that the sound comes from the fixed lens.

None of my other lenses does that sound, so it is a shame...

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hi there,   I am currently in the process of upgrading all my camera gear since my current gear is very outdated. For the body I've already settled on the X-T5, but I can't figure out the lenses yet so I was hoping to find some advice here. I will mostly take the camera with me on hikes (this is also where the WR of the X-T5 comes in handy) so about 70/80% will be on my travels which will include landscape & street photography, the rest will be wildlife or zoo animals, some astro photography and maybe a tiny bit of portrait.   Starting of I was leaning towards the XF18-135mm, very versatile and also has that WR so one less thing to worry about. But since the main goal is landscape & street photography, a prime lens plus a zoom (in my mind) makes a lot more sense. So right now I'm thinking of getting the XF23mmF2, tho I'd love some advice on this as well. My reasoning behind the XF23mmF2 was: wide aperture, sharper than a zoom and 35mm in 35mm format equivalent (that's why I think I should pick it over the XF35mmF2).      Now for the big part the zoom lens, this is where I need the most advice. The way I see it I can either go for the XF55-200mm or the XF70-300mm both of which have pros and cons for me.   Starting with the XF55-200mm,   Pro: its focal length is closer to the prime lens I want so I don't have such a large gap.   Con: It's not WR, maybe I'm putting to much value on this but is does seem very nice to have.   Then with the XF70-300mm,   Pros: obviously it has more range for those long distance shots, its compatible with the teleconverters, the reviews point out it's a lot sharper in the 200mm range and it has WR.   Cons: this leaves a big gap in my focal length and has a smaller aperture.   If I missed anything please let me know and if you need more information to give me better advice please ask.   Thank you all in advance! 
    • Hi  @GreybeardWhen I look through the screen or viewfinder, the focus area appears clear and sharp. I took ~20 photos on vacation and when I finally looked back at them later I realized they were all blurry. Such a bummer. Sometimes, I notice that when I hit the shutter I can see the focus area blur and the screen goes black before going back to live view. I will see if I can get that on recording.  @jerryyI followed the tutorial and the live view appears to be doing exactly what back focusing is intended for. Half pressing the shutter doesn't do anything. When I push the AF-ON button, the area in the green box becomes clear. I snap the photo -- it's blurry! AHHH! @George_P I will turn it off in some test shots tonight. Hope this gives us some more clarity. I bought my camera last April -- so we are just past the warranty. Does anyone have recommendations on what to do next? I've been emailing with Fuji but get a response every ~3-5 days. I'm so bummed because I have another trip in July and I feel like this issue might not be resolved by then.  
    • Option b. but the shutter speeds will start at 1/125. What you are describing is a setup for using mostly automatic rendering by the camera, just one step away from being in “P” mode. For any given scene, the camera will try to expose the image as best it can within the min and max allowed auto parameters you put in. Depending on how bright things are at the time you try to get the image, the other settings may not change at all, or if you go from a bright to a dark setting, the ss and iso may change wildly, all trying to get the best exposure for that given aperture f-stop. If you wish to ‘force’ the ss and iso to change you need to manually set them as well.
    • Hello everyone, My name is Jarek and I come from Poland. I apologize in advance for my English. I have just become the happy owner of a GFX 50S II (a complete accident - a bargain). I haven't dealt with cameras for a long time. The last SLR I had was a Konika-Minolta 7D. In my old age, I decided to return to my passion. My second passion is Sphynx cats. Unfortunately, I can't find an active forum about Fuji in Poland, that's why I came here. Greetings to everyone - Jarek
    • Your metering may be fine, usually there is not a lot of difference being displayed on the lcd or evf when changing metering mode, except for using spot metering in very high contrast scenes. Some more things to check: Interlock Spot AE & Focus Area turned on: https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t4/menu_shooting/af_mf_setting/index.html Preview Exp./WB In Manual Mode on or off: https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t4/taking_photo/shooting_mode/index.html In the displays there should be an exposure indicator meter, and you can turn on the histogram to display as well. These will give you a better idea of your scene(s)’ exposure. If you point the camera towards a high contrast scene, maybe a tv showing a movie, and cycle through the metering modes, the lcd and evf will seem to not change much —— the exposure meter and histogram will change, once you get to spot metering depending on where you move the focus point, you will get some changes. The exposure indicator and histogram will definitely change. If you find that your screen is consistently over or under exposed compare to the jpg, you can adjust the brightness settings to make the two match better. This will have no effect on the raw file.