Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just wanted to share with you my solution to ND filters. I often had trouble with flaring and finding the correct sizes for my manual lenses. Using this system, I only need one filter.img_1655624088093.jpg.3ee4c3c8412624f50f1d849ace73c44c.jpg

I made this filter out of a sunglasses lens. I cut it out with scissors. Originally it was just a weird experiment but somehow it works perfectly with no flaring or quality loss 

No part of the lens or shutter is obstructed. Maybe certain lenses aren't compatible? All the lenses I have work normally.

img_1655624088242.jpg.1ac500fbe7969b8b093964f2cc2aa1ee.jpg

The filter just sit there. It can fall out, but when the lens is mounted, the filter stays in place extremely well for some reason.

On the older Fujifilm cameras like xpro 1, you only have a maximum of 1/4000. I have a f1.2 lens that requires a minimum of 1/20,000 in bright sunlight.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

On the older Fujifilm cameras like xpro 1, you only have a maximum of 1/4000. I have a f1.2 lens that requires a minimum of 1/20,000 in bright sunlight.

One of the reasons why I would only buy digital cameras with ISO 64 and 1/8000s as a minimum. The fiddling with the filters annoys unnecessarily!

Edited by cpX

21 hours ago, cpX said:

One of the reasons why I would only buy digital cameras with ISO 64 and 1/8000s as a minimum. The fiddling with the filters annoys unnecessarily!

That's true but high shutter speeds can be detrimental to certain types of photography. It's a stylistic choice, but I think the 'frozen' look that high shutter speeds create is a very digital looking thing and I like having the flexibility to choose a lower SS. It's definitely annoying to deal with filters though 🤣

On 6/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, Calvin said:

That's true but high shutter speeds can be detrimental to certain types of photography.

It's about taking photos with F/1.2 in daylight to clear the background properly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• That's a really funny question, since it would have been easy to calculate it yourself based on the file sizes! 😜
    • Have you tried pulling out the main battery and leaving it sit on a shelf for several days to let the settings backup battery / capacitor completely discharge? This should cause the settings memory chip to lose all of its current settings and go back to the factory defaults — as of the last update. 
    • Hi lolo,   have to say I can't believe that this has not had more attention as you have done an absolutely incredible job here! I was in the exact same situation of moving from LR to C1 and really loving it except for missing my film styles pack and finding the native options available for C1 not quite there in terms of accuracy and quality. I looked all over the place before finding this post and links. What a relief!  Many thanks for your efforts here mate, very much appreciated!  cheers, LB
    • Hi there. I've just bought a second-hand X70 and I can’t seem to reset it to factory settings. When I choose reset in the menu I can't toggle to the required options, they're in red, all the commands I put in only toggles between 'ok' and 'cancel', the manual doesn't offer any help either. I would be very grateful for some help! Many thanks in advance.
    • Dimsol, I will mention something that may be very obvious to some but this happen to me. The shutter speed was set on "A" while I was testing my X-T4 in dimm light. I was under the impression that my X-T4 was taking 2 picture, but is was just the shutter opening and closing at 1/4 sec timing. Is this the case or do you actually have 2 pictures saved on memory card per press ?