Advertisement (gone after registration)

I created this slideshow of images that I took of a maiko walking around Miyagawacho, in Kyoto, this September. I edited all of the images in Capture One using Fujifilm's new film simulation, classic negative. When Fujifilm provides the X-T3 with classic negative via a future firmware update, I am sure it will be even better. However, I am liking the new film simulation already for street photos. What do you think of classic negative for your own photos?

Fujifilm X-T3 , Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Fringer EF-FX Pro ii 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By StudioB|Photography
      I switched over to Fuji from Nikon a few years ago and seem to have become quite a gear collector. When I used Nikon I had a Nikon D7200 and the 24mm f1.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm 1.8, 85mm f1.8, and 60mm f2.8D lenses. Since moving to Fuji I have managed to obtain the following:
      cameras: X-T3, X-T30, and recently the X100V
      lenses: Laowa 9mm f2.8, Fuji 10-24mm, Fuji 16mm F2, Fuji 16mm f1.4, Fuji 16-80, Fuji 18-55, Fuji 23mm f2, Fuji 27mm, Fuji 35mm f2, Mitakon 35mm, Fuji 50mm F2, Fuji 56mm, Voigtlander 58mm f1.4, Fuji 55-200, and the Fuji 90mm (still also have the Nikon 60mm f2.8D).
      So I love all of these lenses, but honestly have way too many to put them all to use as I should. I am wanting to move to a minimalist set up. I recently purchased the X100V and instantly fell in love with that camera. The one lens design has really helped me rediscover what I loved about photography upon first starting out. So the X100V is staying with me. So I am wanting to sell some of my excess and need some advice about what to keep. At the moment I am thinking about keeping the X-T3 with the Laowa 9mm, Fuji 16 f1.4, Fuji 56 f1.2, Fuji 90mm f2, Fuji 16-80mm, Mitakon 35mm, and Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 (just for the fun of manual focusing).
      My question is, does this sound like a reasonable set-up? I really want to move away from zooms (except for the 16-80 for fun).
    • By Higgins
      Hi, I am sorry if I am posting this question in the wrong place. I'm new here. And, thank you for reading this.

Like many, I have film simulation recipes under the Custom Settings. I would like to know what Custom Settings Name (i.e. film simulation recipe name) I selected for a photo I already took. Is there a way to save a tag under EXIF metadata or any other similar method that one can check later with each photo? If relevant, I am using a XE-3.
    • By Skeusen
      Question from a newbie with a used X-T2 and aging eyesight. The YouTube gurus seem inconsistent with regard to whether or not the 3,690,000 dot EVF on the X-T3 is a noticable improvement over the 2,360,000 dot one in the X-T2. It's not the only reason to upgrade of course, but I'm looking for any justification I can find! Does anyone with experience of both care to opine on the relative merits of the two EVFs?

• By Paul1762
      Can anyone help please with a X-T3 front dial question...  I lost the ability today to use the front dial for changing my ISO and F Stop... the command dial is set to D1 EV, D2 ISO, D3 F... rear dial SS...
      This seems to be the correct way... any thoughts please
      Paul...
    • By mick92627
      Does anyone have experienced using these three items together successfully? 
      I know the camera and lens weigh just over 2 lbs and the gimbal will take 4.4 lbs so I don’t anticipate weight being an issue. 

But the camera plus lens is pretty long and some long camera/lens combos apparently won’t work. 

If any of you with experience using all three care to weigh in, I would be in your debt. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Mick Porter
      Tustin, CA USA

• Thank you for you reply. I am living in Georgia (Country) and unfortunately there is not official dealer in our country. I ll try to buy the housing online and replace it. :( 
    • This looks really bad, the camera needs a new housing IMHO. You should contact the Fuji service or your dealer.
    • Is there any way I can fix this (PFA). Peak design clip damaged and can't use any tripod anymore.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Hi all! I am looking to get the 56 1.4 Viltrox, it looks great! I have the 1.2 APD but for filming its just too slow, same for wedding photos i need something much faster and i think this is it for me. However I am also looking at the 33mm, but there have been mark II versions of the 23 and 85 released recently and i feel this one will get a mark II as well. Anyone know when?
    • My apologies to everyone.  I posted this question in Spanish to the Fujistas forum and then copied it here without thinking to write it in English... I have just bought a Godex V860 and I can't work out how to synchronise it with the second curtain on my X-T2.   Despite leaving the 2nd curtain activated on the camera, when I shoot at 1/1000 it comes out as if I were taking the photo in synch with the 1st curtain. Do I have to activate something on the Godex?