Fred4hp

Vello Freewave and XT3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just upgraded to the XT3 and tried to use my Vello Freewave wireless with it. Does not seem to work. It does work with my older XT1. Anyone know if Vello plans to update the freewave to work with the XT3. Yes, I know that I can use the Fuji Remote app on my iPhone but I wanted to have the freewave as an option on the XT3.

Which cable? I can't find any Vello cable for the X-T3. None listed at the Vello website nor at B&H or eBay. The older RCC-F1-2.5 which worked with the X-T1 doesn't work for the X-T3. Perhaps more than a cable issue, I'm using a VELLO FREEWAVE PLUS which works with my older X-T1 and Olympus E-M1 MK 1. Planning to order the JCC system as a replacement for the Vello unless someone can point me to the correct cable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kingsam
      So i have a friend in Hollywood FL thats about to return home on monday morning. This is my last chance to purchase an XT3 and join Fuji but it's out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know any local stores he could walk in and purchase? Shipping is obviously out of the question.
    • By Jvozenilek
      Eye sensor on my XT3 stopped working out of the blue. After narrowing down the cause, I found out that after I turn the camera off and back on the eye sensor is working for 2-15 seconds and switches between EVF and display as expected. After that, it stops working. I removed the sd card, tried different batteries, even changed the lens and also updated to the latest firmware as well as resetting the camera twice. After all of this, the eye sensor is still not working. Has anyone encountered something similar?
    • By chrisdennyphoto
      What could be causing this in my X-T3.  160ISO, 20 sec exposure, 16-80mm at 22 mm.  Attached is a crop.  Looks like red and green hot pixels.  My film sim is the std default as well.  All photos are raw and edited in lightroom.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Hector Tapia
      Hi to all Fuji lovers, I’d like to share a shortfilm https://vimeo.com/456176145 I recently released and has some complementary shots on Fuji xt3, most of the footage is from DNG files Magic Lantern on 5d MK3 from 2013. Hope you guys like it and feedback welcome!!!! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By thewitness
      Recently upgraded from my XT-1 and purchased a black Fuji XT-3, but it ended up getting "lost in transit." Now it seems that it's no longer in stock, and B&H is no help. And on top of that, the price has now gone back up from the $999 price to $1,499.

Is the XT-3 really that backed up on orders? What's going on to cause the price increase and such a long restock time?