Fred4hp

Vello Freewave and XT3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just upgraded to the XT3 and tried to use my Vello Freewave wireless with it. Does not seem to work. It does work with my older XT1. Anyone know if Vello plans to update the freewave to work with the XT3. Yes, I know that I can use the Fuji Remote app on my iPhone but I wanted to have the freewave as an option on the XT3.

Which cable? I can't find any Vello cable for the X-T3. None listed at the Vello website nor at B&H or eBay. The older RCC-F1-2.5 which worked with the X-T1 doesn't work for the X-T3. Perhaps more than a cable issue, I'm using a VELLO FREEWAVE PLUS which works with my older X-T1 and Olympus E-M1 MK 1. Planning to order the JCC system as a replacement for the Vello unless someone can point me to the correct cable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hector Tapia
      Hi to all Fuji lovers, I’d like to share a shortfilm https://vimeo.com/456176145 I recently released and has some complementary shots on Fuji xt3, most of the footage is from DNG files Magic Lantern on 5d MK3 from 2013. Hope you guys like it and feedback welcome!!!! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By thewitness
      Recently upgraded from my XT-1 and purchased a black Fuji XT-3, but it ended up getting "lost in transit." Now it seems that it's no longer in stock, and B&H is no help. And on top of that, the price has now gone back up from the $999 price to $1,499.

Is the XT-3 really that backed up on orders? What's going on to cause the price increase and such a long restock time?
    • By vitalion
      Hello all.   i have found several threads on various forums and grops for this issue but mst of them are more than 12months old. I am having some trouble with my X-T3 and I am looking for some help or suggestions. As i have found online this is issue its called “camera locked up” Out of the blue the camera freezes. The LCD would still be showing a live view, but the entire HUD would disappear. The camera would not respond to any buttons being pressed. Even switching it off wouldn’t work. Additionally, the orange LED light is on and not going off or going into green. The only way to recover control was to literally pop the battery out and put it back in. I am shooting on single mode not CL or CH. Compressed RAW and Fine JPEG   setup: X-T3 with 18-55 kit lens (less than two months old from my local fuji reseller) Original Fuji battery Latest firmware for both the body and the lens SanDisk 64GB Extreme 90MB/s (picture here. I had it from a 60D canon) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.                   I have reset to factory settings tried another lens as well. Reinstalled the latest firmware via SD Card. SD card format on camera.   to be honest i have not identify any pattern for the issue. it happens randomly and in various lighting and temperature conditions     Any suggestions or possible solutions will be appreciated. Thank you !
    • By ErezM
      Hi guys,
      Before I'm taking my XT3 for repair, making one last check:
      My ISO dial apparently stopped working - the ISO level is on 320 and turning the dial just won't do anything anymore.
      Also, tried to set the command dial to change the ISO with no luck, and I'm pretty sure I've adjusted everything correctly in the menu.
      The only time the ISO DO change is when I put the camera in F-LOG, then it changes to 640.
      Any ideas? I'm pretty lost here.  
    • By chris_guy_photography
      Hi all,
      I'm a wedding photographer and recently made the switch to Fuji.
      Regarding custom settings - is it possible to also save things like, Image quality and size, focus settings etc?
      I'm using the XT3's for both personal and wedding work, so I'd love to have a 'wedding' setting.  When I switch to that, I'm shooting RAW, single focus point, standard film sim etc.  Then when I switch to 'personal' I'm shooting JPEG, Acros etc.
      Possible or wishful thinking?
      Thank you!