My review of the Fujifilm TCL-X100 50mm converter for the X100 series

bradleyhanson

This is a link to my review of the TCL-X100, originally posted to X100c.com.

http://x100c.com/blog/22/3/2015/want-an-x100-but-prefer-the-50mm-perspective-youll-want-the-fujfilm-tcl-x100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice review. A few questions: being anal, I have very nice B+W filters protecting my Nikon and Zeiss lenses, as well as my 100T, from within the lens hood. Obviously you can't use that lens hood on the TCL-X100, and I note the front of the conversion lens is a bit protruding. Can you put a filter on top of it? Can you put (if one exists) a 67mm lens hood on it?

Thanks.

Hi David-

That's exactly what I do. I use B+W MRC filters on all of my lenses rather than hoods and caps (my lenses get exposed to hairspray and sand at weddings), though I do like the silver Fuji hood on the X100s when not using the TCL. It works great. Since it has a small gash in the filter, I'm glad it wasn't the front of the lens!

Best,
Bradley

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for the review but could I just make a layout comment; it's difficult to read the sections that have been pasted over the images. I feel I've missed a large part of an otherwise good review because I simply can't read it. No one else seems to have mentioned this so I'm wondering if perhaps there is a way to read the text without the images underneath?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bradley really love your work and style.  I just bought the 35 1.4 after the FW 4.0 update on the xt1 which now makes the autofocus so much better than before.  I also have the x100t (and s...love the upgraded X100T!).  

Do you have this combo if so why do you use the TCL which takes longer to put on the x100 vs just running and gunning with the 35 1.4 on the xt1 (or xpro1/ex2)? Thanks