Macro

komodo

Hi,

i have X T10 with XF18-55, and i want to take some macro. So what should i do ?

Should i buy MCEX 16 extension tube, or better buy som cheap macro lens and reduction to X lens ?

Sorry for my english :-)

Thanks

Martin

I keep both the MCEX 11 and 16 in my bag with me.  I find that with my lenses (10-24, 18-55, and 55-200) I can shoot Macro or Close Up any time something catches my curiosity.  My photography is mostly outdoor walks with my camera bag to capture whatever I find interesting - this combo just works extremely well for me.  One walk can capture Macro to Landscape to Wildlife at a distance, all depending on what I run into.

I bought a classic Pentax 100mm macro lens to use. Later I bought the MCEX 16 and later the 11. Eventually I bought the Fuji 60mm Macro lens. My experience with this is that you buy a macro lens you will eventually find you want the extension tubes to get even closer. If you buy the extension tubes first, you will want a Macro lens to get even closer. So my point is that either will work as your first investment into macro photography and you will find that you eventually want the other to compliment it. If you choose to buy a legacy macro lens, do a little research to ensure you get one that was rated well. There are a lot of low quality lenses with the word macro written on them.

• 1 month later...

I purchased from Amazon a set of 10mm an 16mm extension tubes for my X-T1.  this past weekend I used them both together.  You can check my Flickr if you are so inclined for my FIRST test shot with this contraption attached -- even though I've owned them for over a year now!

They worked very, very well.  And they were much less expensive than the Fuji branded ones if that makes any difference.