Checking out stuff while waiting for the X-T2

I recently joined Fuji X Forum for the following excellent and worthwhile reasons

1. To checkout that Complete Overview of Lenses that was posted by quincy.
  2. To find out your views concerning the processing of Fuji X images, what do people use - Iridient or Adobe Camera Raw or something else, from reports I have seen I would go for Iridient, but I no longer have Macs, so what is good?
  3. To find out if it is worthwhile waiting for the X-T2. I had an X-T1 it had a fault, my dealer returned my money as opposed to sending it back to Fuji. I still have a 55-200mm lens, the large hand grip, battery, remote control, case, stuff etc.. It took me three months to settle on X-T1 and it still tops my list, so waiting is OK but for how long...

Uhm... wow. Thank You, I'm humbled! I hope you found what you were searching for.

about 2. : I really like Capture One for developing (Fuji) RAW files. But I don't use all those functions that Photoshop offers over Capture One (like layering multiple images, HDR, Panorama, etc.) And if I want to do that stuff, GIMP and Microsoft's Image Composite Editor are enough for me. So if you want to use Photoshop, you should probably take advantage of the Photoshop+Lightroom bundle. If you only want to develop RAW files, you could try the free trials of Capture One and Lightroom and compare them for yourself. I don't think there is still a relevant difference in output, so you should judge which workflow works better for you.

about 3. : This is pretty personal, but if I were you (or if I were me and my X-T1 was gone), I'd get another X-T1 now, since we don't know when the X-T2 will be here. And without camera, you(/me) won't be able to take pictures.

Note to self, Post 'Post' Rule Nr. 1:- Remember to check for replies/responses.

To quincy,

• Some weeks ago I came across a ref. to your List on Fuji Rumours, via Flipboard, on my phone. I took the link to my PC and found Fuji X Forum, so thanks for that.
  • Camera One gets one recommendation.
  • I've just dug out my 8 year old Zeiss 16-80mm zoom that has a Sony a100 on the thin end, note that I chose the lens first and body to fit, the a100 does not focus well and at 10 mega px it can't make A3 at 300dpi. The Zeiss, however is very nice. It will do for now.