Raise Focus Assist button?

BruPri

Honestly I use grip tape (like what's used on a skateboard) on that button and the 4 directional buttons and it works like a champ. Feels good on the thumb too cause there is traction. Might not feel good for everyone but it works for me and it was easy and free. 

I just went to a local skate shop and asked if they had scraps from a board they just built, you seriously only need a little bit. 

I purchased Sugru online to try it as I watched a fellow's vid on doing it on his XT1.  It works really well.  I put some on my AFL button and the up/down/left/right pad.  It is soft like playdough and just a tiny bit does the job.  It dries hard as if it was part of a hard rubber piece originally included on the camera.  I haven't had the need to take it off yet but I believe it will come off with a bit of work with a fingernail.  I don't believe it is permanent when only a little bit is put on a smooth plastic surface like what we want to do on the XT1.