• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 DrLaban

DrLaban

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

On my system (Mac Pro-Sierra) everything is in order with CO Pro 10

On mine (maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra), everything is working fine, too...

Mine is also a maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra. Got it working. My main archive is a huuuuge C1 Catalog. When applying profiles to a picture C1 is giving me the beachball.

If I create a fresh session/catalog - everything is OK :)

Edited by DrLaban, 08 December 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#62 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

Anyone getting these to work with the new Capture One Pro v10 ?

My mac running the new C1 v10 is giving me the beachball when I select any of the custom X-T1 profiles :(

Just be patient. The Profiles are not made with C1. So it takes some time to adopt it, every time you start C1. The Beachball comes 2 or 3 times, then you are good to go. 

DON'T QUIT THE APP DURING BEACHBALL!!! You'll risk a damage of your catalog!

#63 fleckintosh

fleckintosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

Mine is also a maxed out iMac 5k with Sierra. Got it working. My main archive is a huuuuge C1 Catalog. When applying profiles to a picture C1 is giving me the beachball.

If I create a fresh session/catalog - everything is OK :)

+1! Same here!

5K with maximum configuration. The bigger the catalog, the longer the beachball appears. 2-3 times, then your are good to go. I guess C1 applies the profiles to all of the images. Remember, "factory default" C1 comes with only 1 profile!  

#64 Karlis

Karlis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

Hi fleckintosh,

thank you for your great work! How did you create/modified the profiles?

Cheers
Karlis

#65 mtissington

mtissington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

Great work - thanks!

Can I use X Pro 2 with X-T2 for good results?

Thanks.

Michael

#66 marpar

marpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

Thanks fleckintosh!  ;)

http://www.fuji-x-fo...ations/?p=38311

#67 archidss

archidss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

I install the profiles in a different way (have done this since they first came out)

In applications I choose Capture One (now version 10Pro) and in the large alias right click and choose "show package contents" then go to the input profiles folder

using the path: contents/frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/input and copy them to this input folder.

The Profiles must be in the correct format otherwise Capture One will not recognize them. Cleaned up of extra information. I am uploading a few as examples

When they are inserted in this way they show up for the specific camera along with the generic profile for that camera in the dropdown menu

#68 archidss

archidss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

unfortunately I can not upload all as that exceeds the limit for uploading 

#69 marpar

marpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

I install the profiles in a different way (have done this since they first came out)

In applications I choose Capture One (now version 10Pro) and in the large alias right click and choose "show package contents" then go to the input profiles folder

using the path: contents/frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/input and copy them to this input folder.

The Profiles must be in the correct format otherwise Capture One will not recognize them. Cleaned up of extra information. I am uploading a few as examples

When they are inserted in this way they show up for the specific camera along with the generic profile for that camera in the dropdown menu

I follow the same process.  ;)

What do you mean when you say "cleaned up of extra information"?

Thanks

Edited by marpar, 12 January 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#70 archidss

archidss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

I follow the same process.  ;)

What do you mean when you say "cleaned up of extra information"?

Thanks

When I downloaded the latest profiles they looked like this: FujiXT1-1. Provia (X-Pro2).icm.

to have them recognized in C1 10PRO on my Mac running OS X 10.11.6 I had to correct them to: FujiXT1-Provia (X-Pro2).icm

#71 KnikmanAV

KnikmanAV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Same problem here: large database and always the spinning beachball after a shutdown when trying to apply the profiles. Doesn't happen with a small database/session. Have contact with CO support for this problem. Will report results here.

#72 KnikmanAV

KnikmanAV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

for me the beach-ball problem is solved:

I removed all the film simulation profiles from the ...\library\colorsync directory (I am on CO10 latest version)

put them in the app container as suggested by archidss, on 11 Jan 2017 - 8:03 PM (above here).

Also removed the extraneous spaces from the filenames, (left the numbers in place) and renamed the extension from icc to icm (so: FujiXPro2-1.Provia.icm)

​restarted the computer, starting CO the first time took a bit longer. Profiles appeared in the recommend profile list and could be applied instantaneous, without any spinning beachball while using a large database (120k+ images, 180 GB)

after closing and restarting CO again I had a normal CO10 start-up time, profiles in the recommended list could be applied instantaneous without any spinning beachball.

Still in contact with Phase One on this.

Hans.

• magnesi likes this

#73 Clictophe

Clictophe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

thanks a lot

#74 ofert

ofert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

hello 

thanks for the profiles!

are these profiles OK for capture one 8? or just for version 9?

thanks!

#75 MUrs

MUrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

@fleckintosh and @Ario: The result is awesome! Thanks a lot!

I compared these film simulations with the C1 Extended Filmstyle Set. The result is much more subtle and much better aligned to the JPEGs straight from the camera. I definitively recommend using these styles, not the ones from C1.

The procedure is a bit complex, so let me summarize for all the newcomers. The result will be, that these great Fuji film simulations provided by fleckinthosh are saved as C1 ICC profiles, specific for your camera (X-T1, X-Pro2, X-T2) and can be used regulary in C1 under Basic Characteristics without any hassles:

1) Download the ICC files from Dropbox-Download, either for X-T1 or X-Pro2 (look at the end of the file name for X-Pro2). I used the X-Pro2 files for my X-T2, because the X-T2 has the same sensor as the X-Pro2. So far, all works fine.

2) Copy the downloaded files to the correct C1 directory. The directory locations are:

On a Mac system the custom ICC profile will be located in: Users/UserX/Library/Colorsync/Profiles

On a Windows system the profiles will be located in: Users/UserX/AppData/CaptureOne/Color Profiles

3) Start C1, select a picture taken with the camera you want to save the film simulation for (i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2, depending on the files you downloaded)

4) Apply the desired profile to this picture (taken with the selected camera, i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2), by selecting this profile from Base Characteristics/ICC Profiles/Fuji/XT-1 (the tool Base Characteristics is in the Color Tool Tab)

5) Open the Advanced Color Editor

6) Save settings as ICC profile giving a useful name (the correct camera name is already there). I did use a naming as "FujiXT2-C_1.Provia", where "C" stands for "color", and "FujiXT2-B_1.Acros", with "B" for Black & White. With the numbering, all appears later in a nice order

7) Close C1, go to the Color Profiles directory and delete the temporary files (the ones downloaded)

8) Start C1 again, go to the Color Tool Tab and Base Characteristics, then choose under ICC Profiles the option only display recommended. Then only the ICC profiles matching the camera used will be shown and the list of ICC profiles becomes much shorter and better in overview

From then on, you can select the Fuji film style from Base Characteristic/ICC Profiles and the result is already shown in the picture, when the cursor is located over the style name. Because I do that very first, I have added the tool Base Characteristics in the Lens Correction Tool Tab, then I apply lens correction and film simulation in one go.

That's it.

• papedo likes this

#76 kyoleung

kyoleung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

I compared these film simulations with the C1 Extended Filmstyle Set. The result is much more subtle and much better aligned to the JPEGs straight from the camera. I definitively recommend using these styles, not the ones from C1.

The procedure is a bit complex, so let me summarize for all the newcomers. The result will be, that these great Fuji film simulations provided by fleckinthosh are saved as C1 ICC profiles, specific for your camera (X-T1, X-Pro2, X-T2) and can be used regulary in C1 under Basic Characteristics without any hassles:

1) Download the ICC files from Dropbox-Download, either for X-T1 or X-Pro2 (look at the end of the file name for X-Pro2). I used the X-Pro2 files for my X-T2, because the X-T2 has the same sensor as the X-Pro2. So far, all works fine.

2) Copy the downloaded files to the correct C1 directory. The directory locations are:

On a Mac system the custom ICC profile will be located in: Users/UserX/Library/Colorsync/Profiles

On a Windows system the profiles will be located in: Users/UserX/AppData/CaptureOne/Color Profiles

3) Start C1, select a picture taken with the camera you want to save the film simulation for (i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2, depending on the files you downloaded)

4) Apply the desired profile to this picture (taken with the selected camera, i.e. X-T1, X-Pro2 or X-T2), by selecting this profile from Base Characteristics/ICC Profiles/Fuji/XT-1 (the tool Base Characteristics is in the Color Tool Tab)

5) Open the Advanced Color Editor

6) Save settings as ICC profile giving a useful name (the correct camera name is already there). I did use a naming as "FujiXT2-C_1.Provia", where "C" stands for "color", and "FujiXT2-B_1.Acros", with "B" for Black & White. With the numbering, all appears later in a nice order

7) Close C1, go to the Color Profiles directory and delete the temporary files (the ones downloaded)

8) Start C1 again, go to the Color Tool Tab and Base Characteristics, then choose under ICC Profiles the option only display recommended. Then only the ICC profiles matching the camera used will be shown and the list of ICC profiles becomes much shorter and better in overview

From then on, you can select the Fuji film style from Base Characteristic/ICC Profiles and the result is already shown in the picture, when the cursor is located over the style name. Because I do that very first, I have added the tool Base Characteristics in the Lens Correction Tool Tab, then I apply lens correction and film simulation in one go.

That's it.

wow! thanks for the detail explanation!!!

#77 kyoleung

kyoleung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Thank you so so much for the efforts and time! The results look great! Save me a lot of time!

I am glad the Fuji world is full of helping hands,  :D 

#78 MaccPhoto

MaccPhoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Hi - when I use the FujiXT1-10. ACROS G (X-Pro2).icc file, it shows in colour rather than mono. It's in the same place as all the others. Is it a fault with the profile, or do I need to do something else in CO 10? The other ACROS profile works beautifully.

Thanks

#79 umijin

umijin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

I can't access or find that folder on my Mac using Go, even plugging in my user name.

#80 Mike-Photos

Mike-Photos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

I installed approximately as MUrs explained, although it was not exact. I have two issues:

1) When I choose the Only Display Recommended option, the profiles do not show.

2) More important, the .icm file gets linked to each photo's settings, and it's 200kb each time. Is this supposed to happen?

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close