Kaizen - Why Doesn't FUJI Add This Feature Enhancement....

Whilst fiddling about with the custom settings on my X-E2 this morning, it occured to me that the whole process is far to complex and with a few enhancements itcould become both easier too use, as well as far more relevant & useful!

Fuji is generous in giving us 10 sets of custom settings (profiles?), but I wonder how many people can remember how they have set theirs? If you forget you have to scroll thru' a bunch of options just to see what is set...

SUGGESTION 1

Allow us to give each set of custom settings its own name rather that Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3 etc.

SUGGESTION 2

Let us save these settings as a settings file which we could reload after a firmware update, or to enable consistant settings on multiple camera bodies

SUGGESTION 3

Since there are obvious limitations in any menu based system, and to keep things simple, why not add

a the feature to FujiFilm Cam Remote APP for IOS/Android which would alow thise settings to be set as a set of drop down choices in a Spreadsheat type of layout.

Not only would this allow easy setting of all options but you could see how all of your Custome Settings are set at once!

I suspect that all of the these custom settings are using standard or "user modify" EXIF fields, so this should not pose the greatest of technichal challenges.

My feeling has always been that the way in which custom settings was implemented was simply to meet a "feature requirement list" with little thought to how useful it's would be to the end user. This s a common ailment in modern cameras, but FujiFilm at least go back and fix things....

SO........ How many other users would find this useful?

Rob

My camera only has 7 custom settings, and I know exactly what's in them. In case I forget, the Q menu immediately shows me. Labels to name different settings would be nice. Fuji knows about this, but they don't seem to care.

Since custom settings are excluded from USB tethering, I doubt that it would be even possible to remote control them with the current SDK.

You can put that on a Fn button, at least with the more modern, better, state-of-the-art, cheaper X-T10.

Bloody hell man, how did I miss that?!!?!? It's also there on the X-T1  :o  I hate menu diving for settings I have to change frequently, now just need it as an option for the Custom Setting modes!

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!!!

Ultimately - digital cameras are only a computer that can be perosnallised - except they come with a light sensor that can be used to gather a particular type of data.

So anything is possible - as pointed out above - the real trick is to 'master' your camera.

Not really sure I can say I 'mastered' any of my previous cameras - but of those I've owned, the X-Pro 1 is the one I came closest to mastering.

The new X-100T has got a long way to go to get even 'familiar' with it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Is there a way to keep your menu selection on the last option you used? For example.  When I select MENU the cursor defaults to MY Menu.  I scroll up to IQ settings, make a change, and return to shooting. When I press the MENU button again the cursor is back to MY Menu.  I really want it to stay on the IQ setting I was last using (or any other Menu setting). It's a PITA to keep scrolling up and down, back to the previous setting.  (Note.  My Canon Menu retains the position of the last option I was using). Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Im not partal to any brad, just opted to try these based on apparent price / performance.  I'm always looking for best bang per buck, hence Fuji I guess - haha Reliabilty does not concern me, as I always shoot to two cards for pro work (and burst shooting is not a part of that). Made sense for me to get the cheapest / fastest CF cards for hobby shooting.     I just got a Sabrent Rocket V60 512GB cheep (as the back-up card).   As long as neither of these freeze the camera I hope its a cheep solution for my needs. (AB AV Pro SE 512Gb and Sabrent Rocket V60 512GB).  Half a gig of redunat storge for $200USD is something I can live with. (Especially considering I can bust the hell out of the Anglebird). Cheers, Tomek
    • Would using an external charger be of benefit to the batteries life? I appreace it can be faster, but I doin't mind pluging in the camera over USB to charge. Does charging via the camera do as good a job as lets say the fuji's own external charger? Does the camera stop charging once the battry is full and not over charge? I couldn't find these deatails in these forums or in the manual. Thank you!   Image below shot on X-T2 in a sunny studio.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• It is really easy to find out if the wifi is on. Your computer or tablet or cell phone will have a network settings dealing with wifi, bluetooth, ethernet or “other”. Open that up and go into the section for wifi, and take note of which networks are listed. Turn on the camera and keep watching the list of networks. If your camera’s wifi is turned on, a new network should suddenly show up in your computer/tablet/phone’s network listings. Now go into the camera’s menus and start a wireless connection (the x-app or camera remote app can help you with this). You should see a network show up now. It is not hidden because it has to be visible so that your computer/tablet/phone can join the camera’s network to transfer images. Turn the camera off and that network should disappear. Turn the camera back on and see what happens.