X-T2 jerky screens

Goodjob

Hello, got a problem with my XT2 (very recent, of course) + 18-55 + new "S" battery: the image in the viewfinder or on the screen becomes (without doing anything) very jerky after a few seconds. Switching to Boost mode seems to fix the problem. Same with grip (using 2 XT1 batteries) ; I also have to be in grip-Boost mode for apparently fixing the problem. Is this a normal behavior?

Note: It does not happen with my XT1 and its non-S batteries !

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments.

Hello, got a problem with my XT2 (very recent, of course) + 18-55 + new "S" battery: the image in the viewfinder or on the screen becomes (without doing anything) very jerky after a few seconds. Switching to Boost mode seems to fix the problem. Same with grip (using 2 XT1 batteries) ; I also have to be in grip-Boost mode for apparently fixing the problem. Is this a normal behavior?

Note: It does not happen with my XT1 and its non-S batteries !

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments.

Hi,

this is normal, it's a battery power saving implementation so no need to worry, it's not a fault.

Pete

Bonjour! I found the same thing but I was shooting in a very dark venue so thought it was related to that. I switched to boost mode and no problems after that but the camera got quite warm over the 2-3 hours of shooting (with battery grip). I don't remember ever seeing this issue (or the really warm camera) when shooting with my X-T1 at least to the same degree. For what it's worth I was using my old batteries, not the newer ones (I only have the one that came with the camera).

Bonjour! I found the same thing but I was shooting in a very dark venue so thought it was related to that. I switched to boost mode and no problems after that but the camera got quite warm over the 2-3 hours of shooting (with battery grip). I don't remember ever seeing this issue (or the really warm camera) when shooting with my X-T1 at least to the same degree. For what it's worth I was using my old batteries, not the newer ones (I only have the one that came with the camera).

I have exactly the same configuration.... and the same problems (or are they just normal behavior ?)

This is normal for the X-T2, after about 8 to 10 seconds of no use the refresh rate will drop way down to conserve battery power. If you half press the shutter it will go back to full refresh rate. Also, I believe if you use boost mode it will not do this(Or it at least greatly lengthens the time at which it goes into power saving mode.

Here is a video describing it.

• 2 weeks later...