Lexar Card Issue with XT-1

Hello,

My first post here!  I purchased an XT-1 last week and thus far am loving it except for a card issue. Using Lexar 128GB 1000x 150mb/s card. After several shots, I am unable to review the images and get a Read Error on the screen. Should I return cards to amazon for Sandisk or is there a fix? Using a mac and reformat after the card leaves the sd slot on my mac. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks, Jan

+1 for SanDisk card, no issues here, have both standard extreme and uhs-2 extreme from SanDisk working fine, even though uhs-2 cards does not get up to the 200mb+ write speed in the camera, so just go for standard extreme cards IMHO.

Yeah... For some reason I seem to stick with Sandisk.  I own fifteen 32G Sandisk and only one 32G Lexar which I use in my X-T1 with no issues. But, it's only the 95MB right speed, and 32G.  

I've never had an issue with it, and it is the card that lives in the X-T1.

Thanks to all who responded. Yes I have been formatting in camera after I empty the card. Seems to occur on both 128gb cards I have right around the 450 frame Mark. Strange thing is I can view the images with the scroll wheel but only in ascending order. If I go backwards I get a read error. So I bought a Sandisk 32 extreme plus so for now that has worked without a hitch. Most likely will return the Lexar cards as they are unreliable. Thanks again! Jan

Thanks to all who responded. Yes I have been formatting in camera after I empty the card. Seems to occur on both 128gb cards I have right around the 450 frame Mark. Strange thing is I can view the images with the scroll wheel but only in ascending order. If I go backwards I get a read error. So I bought a Sandisk 32 extreme plus so for now that has worked without a hitch. Most likely will return the Lexar cards as they are unreliable. Thanks again! Jan

I get that error anytime a file browsing program stores image thumbnails/icons on the card.  The camera won't read those tiny images.  MacOS' Finder does that (especially if you're using it to move images to the card), and it's possible other systems do as well.

I have two Lexar cards - I can't remember the exact models offhand, but one is the regular gold Pro card, and the other is the UHS-II model that was the Amazon Deal of the Day a while back.

Both are noticeably slower than my Sandisk Extreme Pluses. Slower to write, slower to format, and image playback is slower, too. IIRC the regular Lexar Pro should be rated similarly to my Sandisks, but the UHS-II is supposed to be significantly faster, and it's actually slower.

I'm going to be sticking with Sandisk from now on.