Loss - Shortfilm - Partly shot on Fuji XT3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hector! 

A lot of beautifully shot sequences in there. Which ones were with the x-t3—if you don't mind my asking :) Really love the use of the water as a cleansing/rebirth and the call to action for people. I think my favorite shot was the walking towards the camera in the snow with the sun coming through the legs. 

I noticed some of the beach sequences were shot with a bit of a high shutter speed, I'm not sure if that was intentionally jarring or if you maybe didn't have an ND filter available. I thought it worked in one portion of the film, and maybe threw me out a little in another. But seriously, overall, really a nice piece. Do you have a YouTube channel, or do you just post on Vimeo?

Joe

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, seattlelifestudios said:

Hi Hector! 

A lot of beautifully shot sequences in there. Which ones were with the x-t3—if you don't mind my asking :) Really love the use of the water as a cleansing/rebirth and the call to action for people. I think my favorite shot was the walking towards the camera in the snow with the sun coming through the legs. 

I noticed some of the beach sequences were shot with a bit of a high shutter speed, I'm not sure if that was intentionally jarring or if you maybe didn't have an ND filter available. I thought it worked in one portion of the film, and maybe threw me out a little in another. But seriously, overall, really a nice piece. Do you have a YouTube channel, or do you just post on Vimeo?

Joe

Hey Joe! Sorry I got back a year later literally haha. Glad you liked the overall piece and yeah, you're totally right about the shutter speed on the beach shots, those were on a Canon 5d Mark III when Magic Lantern was a thing. Still love the texture of those DNG files but... XT3 is another beast for sure !!!!! Deeply in love with it for a year now. Thanks for taking the time and comment, so sorry again for responding this late. I do have a YT channel and Vimeo, here are my links and hope we can connect over there too.  

www.vimeo.com/htafilm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcsLPnMk2SoU4YsNClxHpCg

www.instagram.com/hectortapia.film

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Suzi Mifsud
      I just started using the Fuji XT3 and I'm having an issue with the colours of my final images. I custom set the white balance and in the LCD and EVF preview the photos are perfectly white balanced and exposed, however when I opened them on my laptop, the white background appeared more grey, and the overall image is more subdued. Is this normal or is there a setting I need to change?

• By Ketsada UNs
      Post a picture of your Fuji camera !
      And tell me the reason that you use the Fuji camera.
      Thanks for your sharing ....

• By Ned_Sayer
      I Just got a Fuji X-T3 from Amazon Warehouse deals, and the button feels off... 
      I used a X-T1 and have a X-t2 and they both feel very different to the X-T3.
      I made a video to ask if this is how the X-T3 works or if I got a "faulty" unit. 

• By widespace
      Hello
      I bought a new Fuji X-T3 and went to take some pictures, JPG + RAF.  I used two SIM cards (one as a backup).  When I got back home, I started uploading all of them to my computer (Mac).  I removed the main SIM card from the camera and plugged it into a multi/card reader, the same way I always do.  There were in total: RAF = 147 photos, and JPG = 159 photos.  I was able to upload: RAF = 75 photos (51%), and JPG = 117 photos (74%).  After those photos were uploaded, an error message appeared in the screen: THE FINDER CAN’T COMPLETE THE OPERATION BECAUSE SOME DATA IN (NAME OF THE NEXT PICTURE) CAN’T BE READ OR WRITTEN. ERROR CODE -36.  No more photos were uploaded, even when I tried several times.  I also tried doing the process one photo at a time, and also repeated the process with the second SIM card.  Same results.
      Thinking that the two SIM cards were corrupted or damaged at the same time (???), I then tried to format and take some more pictures with another SIM card and to upload them to the computer.  The same situation and exact message came up over.  I am able to see all the pictures (RAF & JPG) directly from the SIM cards connected to the Mac, I just can’t upload them to it.  My frustration is that 51% of the RAF, and 74% of the JPG photos were already uploaded using the same method, devices, computer, etc., without any problem, and then just stopped.
      What can I do or check for?  Is that something to do with the way the camera store the photos in the SIM card?  Again, it performed as expected PARTIALLY, and then stopped!
      Thank you for your advise.

• By Kingsam
      So i have a friend in Hollywood FL thats about to return home on monday morning. This is my last chance to purchase an XT3 and join Fuji but it's out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know any local stores he could walk in and purchase? Shipping is obviously out of the question.