Shehab Ahmed

My Fuji xt20 takes so long to charge and other issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just got a Fuji X-T20 2 days ago and I have some problems 

first of all my battery takes a full day to charge which is very odd 

secondly every time i record 4K it says “write error” however I did insert a old memory card on it with only 17mb writing speed, it works fine with 1080 recording but the problem only occurs when I record 4K. So I ordered a sanDisk extreme pro 32Gb with a 90mb writing speed and it will arrive in 3 days. 

so can the problem be due to the old memory card or should I just return the camera and get a refund?

Edited by Shehab Ahmed

The new memory card should fo the trick. 

Are you charging the battery using the supplied charger or charging it when its in the camera using a Usb cable?  You should never charge the battery while its in the camera because the charging goes through the cameras circuit board. Any electrical surge during the charging could damage the board. Hope this helps

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By joao.cardososilva
      Hi everyone,
      I just bought recently a used Fuji X-T2 (2 years old) with very few shots (the camera is in like new condition), the camera is perfect for my kind of use (as a hobby) but I came across with a huge problem: when the battery is at 80% or less and using the mechanical shutter, after pressing the shutter button to take a photo the camera goes completely black on the LCD and EVF and freezes. I can't even turn off the camera and need to remove and replace the battery. It just crashes every single time I try shooting with mechanical shutter. Using the electronic shutter the camera works normally.
      Using the mechanical shutter, the camera works perfectly only when the battery is fully charged.
      Both firmwares (Body and Lens) are updated with the last version available.
      Please, if anyone could tell me something about this problem I would appreciate that!
    • By Thubten
      I have used cameras for a long time, none of them weather sealed, without any damage from water or dust.In fact I don't recall it even being an issue.But now I am deciding between an xt2 and xt20 ,mainly on this basis and the $700 price difference.I will never be out in the rain with this gear, but it will be exposed to ordinary dust, and perhaps high tropical humidity.I am leaning towards the xt20.This has perhaps been covered before, but I can't find a search function.
    • By natswright
      I found this as a direct replacement for the NP-W126S 
      https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/digital-camera/fujifilm/oem-pno/np-w126s.html
      Are there any others I can use. Duracell do do another battery
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-DRFW126-Rechargeable-Lithium-Ion-Battery/dp/B01GJZLHJC/
      But this is the none S version, that has reduced capacity, especially for video?
      As the genuine batteries are so expensive, i'm looking for recommendations for a cheaper alternative
    • By kkgiyer
      I have a Fuji XT3 camera for about 3 months now. Great camera, really liking it much more than  my previous camera. Can say that for sure because I use it more and it makes me feel take more pictures and improve. Such a powerful camera that's so light weight. 
      Some three weeks ago, when taking a video, it resulted in a write error. I have tried formatting the cards, upgrading the firmware and also changed the prefix of the file name (after seeing this as a fix for the problem). But so far no luck. It constantly gives the error when taking pictures. When I check there are many files missing in the sequence. I also noticed that if you sort by time, the file name sequencing is not proper...meaning they are not perfectly ascending or descending. At places, they are off by one or two file names in the sequence. 
      Fuji is asking to send for inspection. But I would like to know from fellow members if anybody has faced this issue and if Fuji has a sure shot fix for it. I know for many, they have even replaced the motherboard in a brand new camera with the issue still persisting. It seems mine is the first camera in India that has the problem according to the service dept. 
      This problem started after I shot the video for the first time using the camera. After that the error can mostly be replicated in CL/CH or Panorama mode. Tried different cards also.

• By gburl3
      Got an xt20 this year. Also besides the 18-55 kit lens I have purchased a 27mm, a 10-24mm, a 55-140. I just purchased a Lee filter kit with Big and Little stopper. Live in the Smoky Mountain area, so lots of good landscapes to photograph. Question. I understand I need to block light from coming through the view finder when using the filters. How do I do that, put it on LCD only?
    • It seems the Lcd tint has not been rectified in different bodies. i really thought that Fuji would have seen the amount of complaints and worked on a resolution.  Heres 2 X-T30’s I bought within a month of each other side by side.  Totally reset and setup and still an lcd yellow tint is present.  Warranty exchange needed - even after adjusting lcd color and brightness etc. The EVF and LCD are showing same issue. Ridiculous and a complete pain in the ass. Hello guest! Pl
    • I have the same exact problem. Except our HREDIT numbers are slightly different (mine's HRESULT -2147024770), but still the same fujivcam.dll. I've also tried it on two different Win10 systems as well.
    • Welcome! Perhaps it‘s a good idea to ask your questions in the X-T4 section, cause they might get lost here
    • Hello!  My name is Jeigh and I’ve been shooting an t2 for the past 3 years and Nikon for 12 years before that, and the list goes on.  I just upgraded to the t4 and have some questions about Fuji’s approach to multiple exposures(ME).  On the t2, we were limited to 2 layers and when you were satisfied with the finished image, the blended pic was saved and the source images were deleted.  In the t4, we’re allowed up to 9 layers, which is lovely, but when you finish with the ME, the source Images ar