Ilya Azar

SMC Takumar 50/1.4+Fuji X-T10 - Non focused picture

Hello everybody!
There is a problem with the SMC Takumar 50/1.4 lens.
I have a Fuji X-T10.
I bought lens on ebay from Japan - SMC Takumar
Also bought an adapter - Adapter

When installing the adapter and lens there is no focused image, the image is blurred. 
The manual focus wheel on the lens does not adjust the focus.
The settings on the camera are set correctly - the focus is transferred to the manual mode, the mode "Shoot without lens" is set. 
What could be the problem? Adapter? Lens? Camera settings?
Examples of photos attached.
I would be grateful for any help.

Ilya.

Edited by Ilya Azar

that adapter is too short (as written in the description).
Try to find a "PK-FX" or "K-mount - FX" adapter. You need a correction of the flange distance from Fuji X-Mount (17,7 mm) to Pentax K-Mount (45,46 mm), so the adapter should be 27,76 mm long.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:31 PM, Ilya Azar said:

Hello everybody!
There is a problem with the SMC Takumar 50/1.4 lens.
I have a Fuji X-T10.
I bought lens on ebay from Japan - SMC Takumar
Also bought an adapter - Adapter

How did you get the lens (pk) to fit on the adapter (m42) since they have different mounts?

Assuming the lens you posted is what you have, you'd need a Pentax K to Fuji X mount adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Mirrorless/dp/B008BBI994

I've used numerous Pentax and Takumar (m42) lenses adapted to my Fuji cameras without any issues.

Edited by plaidshirts

On 3/31/2019 at 12:10 AM, quincy said:

that adapter is too short (as written in the description).
Try to find a "PK-FX" or "K-mount - FX" adapter. You need a correction of the flange distance from Fuji X-Mount (17,7 mm) to Pentax K-Mount (45,46 mm), so the adapter should be 27,76 mm long.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, plaidshirts said:

How did you get the lens (pk) to fit on the adapter (m42) since they have different mounts?

Assuming the lens you posted is what you have, you'd need a Pentax K to Fuji X mount adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Mirrorless/dp/B008BBI994

I've used numerous Pentax and Takumar (m42) lenses adapted to my Fuji cameras without any issues.

Thank you very much for answers. I bought this adapter https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/High-Precision-M42-FX-Lens-Adapter-for-M42-screw-Mount-Lens-To-for-Fujifilm-X-Pro1/32745938005.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.5f212e0eCOOE88 and now everything is OK. Thank you.

Takumar 50/1.4. Fuji X-T10. F1.4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By huck222
      Hi all, does anyone have experience with a K&F adapter and the Canon TSE lens? I understand i cannot set the aperture with the Fuji camera. Now: Some say a canon lens will default to open aperture. While K&F says, it will stop down fully, (which i can't imagine).
      Some say, set the aperture on a Canon body, then take the lens off (probably while holding the shut-aperture-button??).
      Can anyone tell if and how it works? Thanks! I mean, that TSE 17 mm is a wonderful piece of glass and all 😃
    • By min
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBre2iduYQE
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wBre2iduYQE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Bayu Indiartoputra
      Hello, i want to ask. 
      Whats the best lens adaptor for canon ef to fujifilm xt-20? Thanks for your advice😊
    • By Sebastian_Warneke
      Hey guys,
      while I'm searching for shift lenses/adapters for the Fuji system I found this "special" adapter:

http://www.lumiere-shop.de/epages/c6c683e2-beef-45fa-a0ed-93113dade05c.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/c6c683e2-beef-45fa-a0ed-93113dade05c/Products/B1010920

Does anyone know this? There are three different adapters which work with it, the shown for the Pentax 645, a Mamiya 645 adapter and a Hasselblad V adapter.
      The price on this website is very high - you can get it on Amazon or eBay for around 260€.
      I'm really interested to try this, but I'm not sure which medium format adapter I should choose - I can remember I read really good things about the Pentax wide angle lenses, but I really can't remember if it was about the 645 system.
      Maybe some one of you have experiences with one of the systems or with this kind of adapter
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. /uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">
    • By KateB
      So, I bought an X-T20 just over a month ago. I live in the Middle East and it's not easy to come by accessories here, so I had to do a lot of research on what I might need. I read reviews online, watched You-Tube videos and searched the net.

One of the biggest bugbears that people seem to have with the X-T10 and 20 is the small hand grip. There appeared to be three solutions that would suit or assist me.
      - The Hand Grip
      - A hand strap
      - A thumb rest

It seemed to me that all three would be useful in one way or another, so I bought a secondhand Fuji MHG-XT10 Hand Grip on eBay, a Peak Design Clutch Hand Strap from Wex Cameras and a hot shoe mounted thumb rest from China.

The attached photo shows the thumb rest and hand strap...