Remote Release suddenly stopped working

desparoz

Hello

I am a Fuji X-T5 and X-T4 user, and a former X-T3 user...

I have been using a RR-100 remote release on both cameras for sometime, but just recently the X-T5 has stopped triggering the shutter when the button is pressed. I get the light coming on on the camera back, and autofocus will happen, but no shutter release.

This happens with two separate RR-100 units, and also the shutter will not trigger with third party items .

Is there a setting somewhere that I can't find, or is this a return to Fuji scenario for a checkup?

Cheers

Des

By third party item, am I correct in guessing you mean lenses? Not items such as flash units, gimbals, etc.

If it were just the lenses, that could mean that somehow the setting “shoot without lens” got turned off, it needs to be turned on to take photos using a lot of third party lenses that do not pass the electrical information to the body, essentially x-mount manual lenses.

But the way you are phrasing things, it sounds like something else is going on. Does the remote work properly on your X-T4? If so, your X-T5 may need to visit the dealer for a checkup.

In essence, the remote release is a pair of switches wired in such a way that closing the first switch engages the auto focus motor routines and closing the second switch cause the shutter operation. The remote jack in the body may have a loose connection the dealer can fix.

1 hour ago, jerryy said:

By third party item, am I correct in guessing you mean lenses? Not items such as flash units, gimbals, etc.

If it were just the lenses, that could mean that somehow the setting “shoot without lens” got turned off, it needs to be turned on to take photos using a lot of third party lenses that do not pass the electrical information to the body, essentially x-mount manual lenses.

But the way you are phrasing things, it sounds like something else is going on. Does the remote work properly on your X-T4? If so, your X-T5 may need to visit the dealer for a checkup.

In essence, the remote release is a pair of switches wired in such a way that closing the first switch engages the auto focus motor routines and closing the second switch cause the shutter operation. The remote jack in the body may have a loose connection the dealer can fix.

Thanks for your reply!

Third party item was actually a Syrp Genie Mini II plugged into 2.5mm port.

So 2x RR-100 and 1x Syrp. None worked on three X-T5. The two RR-100 units work on the X-T4. 

i was hoping this was a setting I’ve somehow bumped on the X-T5 (wouldn’t be the first time) but thinking you’re right about a return to Fuji. 

I’ve done a full reset and still have the problem