compatible usb cabes

zamboang

Dear Fuji X Forum.

I have an X100s .  Have been looking on line for a USBC ( New iMac) cable to connect to tiny USB multi port  on side  of camera.

( I wish to upload my images ) 

Have found several with the Regular USB2  but my owner manual distinctly indicates " do not use a USB hub or keyboard"  

I found one cable that looks suitable on Amazon  US but they will not send to me in the Philippines.

Is this really an issue?  - or can I ignore the handbook and upload  images into my iMac via a USB hub 

Any advice gratefully received.

Joe 

Use a good quality USB cable that is capable of data. 
…do not use a USB charging only cable (does not pass data) 

For best performance, the manufacturer recommends that you plug the USB cable directly into the computer. 
Plugging it into a USB hub that is used with other devices may cause signal degradation or interference.

Personally, I prefer Anker brand USB cables. 
…I have also found that AmazonBasics USB cables are very good.

I believe that you need a USB-C to Micro USB cable for the X100S/iMac connection  

Hope this helps.

Edited by Canuck57

Thanks ever so for feedback - re USBC to USB Micro - been looking and surprised they hard to find- 

neither Amazon basics or Ankar appear to make ont - USB Micro to standard  USB A 2 a dime a dozen. 

Consequently think I shall have to keep pulling out the data card to use card reader. 

As I am anchient and only understands analogue film cameras - am sure this is a wise thing to do regularly - dirt -bad contact issues etc ?

Anyways , really appreciate you taking the time. JB