Time Code Synch

Does anyone know how to synch time code between Fuji-X cameras?? One would think the obvious answer would be to connect the cameras to the X  app and the time on the camera would lock to the time on the phone. I seem to recall the XT4 had this function. It does not work this way on my XH2 and XH2S. I have only been able to get them close by setting the time manually for each camera. This really needs to be addressed by Fuji especially with these two flagship hybrid (stills and video) cameras.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I do understand the problem, also shooting with various cameras at the same time.

I hoped the new Fuji app could solve the problem. But no.

I hoped Capture One could solve it… but no.

In fact, the only solution I found, is to use the Fujifilm tether plugin pro for lightroom. Meaning I need to open lightroom just for this… However, it works!

• 2 months later...

RESOLVED -  FRAME-ACCURATE TIME CODE ACROSS MULTIPLE FUJIFILM XH2S/XH2.

With the recently released 5.10 firmware, it is now possible to jam-synch these cameras to the Atomos Ultrasynch Blue Time Code generator. Bluetooth pairing between XH2S/2 with the Atomos is tricky - turn on the camera, go to TC Settings>Time Code Synch Setting> Pairing Registration, and start the search. Turn on the UltraSynch Blue, go to Bluetooth settings, and start the search. The camera will appear on the Atomos display after a few seconds, select it. On the camera, a message will appear indicating a connection to the Atomos. Now the Atomos is registered with the camera and will appear in the registered devices section of the Bluetooth menu. Going forward turn on the Atomos, on the camera go to>TC settings>Time Code Synch Settings>turn on the "Connect to Atomos AirGlu BT" for each session. To get time of day TC into the Atomos install the Ultra Synch Blue app' on your phone and jam the phone time to the Atomos. According to Fuji and Atomos documentation, it is possible to synch six cameras to the Ultra Synch Blue. I am shooting a documentary with multiple XH2S' and having frame-accurate matching time code is a huge benefit in editing. Thank you Fujifilm!!!!!!!

I got mine at https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1569940-REG/atomos_atomxsybl1_us_ultrasync_blue_with_usb_c.html

Thank you Fujifilm??????   I am using the TentacleSync system.   Why can't I jamsync with any time code generator?  Why does it have to be just the Atomos system.  Another bone headed Fujifilm limitation.   Just like their crap autofocus!

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 11:16 PM, Don Barar said:

Thank you Fujifilm??????   I am using the TentacleSync system.   Why can't I jamsync with any time code generator?  Why does it have to be just the Atomos system.  Another bone headed Fujifilm limitation.   Just like their crap autofocus!

I also use Tentacle Sync E devices. Just leave one device plugged into the mic input for each camera. You seem to be a bit emotional - I don't find AF "crap" at all. I agree, however that limiting TC to Ultrasync is very annoying to everyone who has a different system, like you and me! DMJpix's description is very comprehensive, but just reading it, puts me off from buying Ultrasync boxes. LOL. I am very happy with Tentacle Sync E syncing to my iPhone time of day.

On 2/4/2024 at 7:34 AM, DMJpix said:

RESOLVED -  FRAME-ACCURATE TIME CODE ACROSS MULTIPLE FUJIFILM XH2S/XH2.

With the recently released 5.10 firmware, it is now possible to jam-synch these cameras to the Atomos Ultrasynch Blue Time Code generator. Bluetooth pairing between XH2S/2 with the Atomos is tricky - turn on the camera, go to TC Settings>Time Code Synch Setting> Pairing Registration, and start the search. Turn on the UltraSynch Blue, go to Bluetooth settings, and start the search. The camera will appear on the Atomos display after a few seconds, select it. On the camera, a message will appear indicating a connection to the Atomos. Now the Atomos is registered with the camera and will appear in the registered devices section of the Bluetooth menu. Going forward turn on the Atomos, on the camera go to>TC settings>Time Code Synch Settings>turn on the "Connect to Atomos AirGlu BT" for each session. To get time of day TC into the Atomos install the Ultra Synch Blue app' on your phone and jam the phone time to the Atomos. According to Fuji and Atomos documentation, it is possible to synch six cameras to the Ultra Synch Blue. I am shooting a documentary with multiple XH2S' and having frame-accurate matching time code is a huge benefit in editing. Thank you Fujifilm!!!!!!!

I got mine at https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1569940-REG/atomos_atomxsybl1_us_ultrasync_blue_with_usb_c.html

DMJpix - thank you for taking the time to document how to use the Ultrasynce Blue with Fujifilm.

Paul:

You leave your Sync E plugged into your X-H2S?   Really?  That's exactly what I do.  Why?  Because it is the only way to accomplish time code sync between the camera and any off camera sound recording device.  But this thread was about Jam Sync.  Fuji chose the Atomos system.  So any other time code system does not work.  Why not release a firmware update that allows jam syncing with multiple systems?

Eris

• 1 month later...

FYI Update - I just learned that the Zoom F6 & F3 recorder/mixers also synch to the UltraSynch Blue over bluetooth. I am planning to record 32bit float on the F6 and it will have frame accurate matching time-code with my two-XH2S' and one XH2.