My new Fuji 100-400mm lens my be defective

DAS

I have a Fuji 100-400mm lens that is about 7 weeks old.

I can't get a sharp image. I tried it on my XE2 and on my XPro2. The center of the image is sharp sometimes  but the edges are out of focus and all  smeered

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do or try.

This image is a jpeg right out of the camera IS0 200 @ f9 @ 1/500sec @ 226.6mm

DAS

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Called Fuji repair and sent them my out of focus  and smuged image from the 100-400mm lens.  They want me to reture the lens . I have to pay for shipping and insurance. 

I don't think this is fair that I should have to pay the extra expence for a new  lens that failed from day one. I bough it in mid Feb 2016 from Hunts photo in Manchester NH.USA

DAS

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Within 7 working days I received my 100-400mm lens back from Fuji NJ.

There was an  invoice  that said my lens has a new seral #. They did'n't say what was wrong with the lens.

So they sent me a replacement lens and it works great.

Now after 3 weeks of use my new X pro 2 freezes up . It happened 5 times yesterday on a 6 hr. shoot.I had to keep taking the battery out and replacing it back into the camera

I guess I better send it back to B&H for a new replacement before my 30 days are up .

Otherwise I will have to pay for shipping and insurance to send it to Fuji in NJ. 

Dan

I agree that it sucks having to pay for shipping. It is sort of the standard unfortunately.

I would say it's unheard of, unless consumer protection laws are very different in the USA.

Fuji in Germany pay for the shipping when the lens is still under warranty (2 years). As it should be, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk