Spotted: report of clunk-less XF 90

c0ldc0ne

Just spotted a post in one of the sister forums where another happy new XF 90 owner confirmed that their lens did not rattle, clunk or make any other noises whether on or off the camera and echoed that statement in a review of the lens:

There have incidentally been some reports of rattling and dust in early copies. All I can say is that mine is silent and dust free.

And the less than decisive AF performance that some (including myself) have been experiencing does not seem to plague the reviewer either:

Much has been made of the speed of focus of this new lens and I have to say that it is snappiness personified—no hunting or hesitation here and the viewfinder pops in an instant, even on the X-Pro.

http://macfilos.com/photo/2015/7/20/fujinon-90mm-f2-r-lm-wr-review-break-out-the-piggy-bank

Could it be that the clunking and the AF performance are related? And perhaps this is in fact an issue with some early production copies as suggested by the reviewer?