More images and impressions about the 100-400, 35mmF2 and 120mmF2.8

Patrick FR

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Get as much ram as you can afford. It seems just about all of the manufacturers are soldering the ram onto the motherboard these days instead of giving you slots and letting you make the choice later. sigh. If you going with a MacBook, there is not much difference between the M2 and M3 cpu versions, (some seconds of processing speed-up instead of many minutes). The ram amount still matters a whole lot, things slowdown once the ram gets used up and the working files are subsequently swapped back and forth to the hard drive. There is a rumored M4 version that will be out any day now, 😀. An underrated factor is the fan, as to whether or not it has one, the Air version does not have one, the Pro version does have one. When you start messing with large files, the computer generates a lot of heat, so if it lacks a fan, it will slow things down to keep from cooking itself to death. (The ones with fans will also slow things down after a while if the heat dows not dissipate fast enough.) How much slowdown depends on what you are doing. Best wishes.
    • If you can play the entire clips back in your camera, they are not lost. Well, as not long as there are no future accidents. Try the card reader approach discussed in the postings above H. Smith’s. You will need to pull the separate files over to your computer and use a movie editor to stitch them back into a being a single file. Oh yeah, make backups. p.s. Welcome to the forum.
    • I'll venture a guess here that the other flash units you tried have their own battery power. Fujifilm cameras compatible with the EF-X8 have an extra pin to supply power to the flash, as the EF-X8 does not carry its own power onboard. It sounds to me that something is wrong in the power supply circuit of either the body or the flash. If I remember correctly, EF-X8 compatible bodies have a pin to the top left of the hot shoe through which the body and flash communicate. I would also need to review the settings manual, because I don't know if it is possible through settings to de-energize that pin. Did B&H explore these avenues? I would be surprised if they didn't. I would expect that if anyone could run down the problem, it would be B&H. To summarize, my off-the-cuff guesses range from a dirty communication pin to a circuit failure to that pin, or a menu setting de-activating that pin. I will review my info and post an update if I find anything. For five years now, I use an EF-X8 for daytime close range TTL, but mainly as a commander to manage arrays of off-camera flash units, and so far the EF-X8 is 100% bulletproof.    
    • Hi, thanks for your comments/thoughts so far! I've done a couple more test shots this morning with the cameras sat on a table to keep them steady, in order to rule out motion blur. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the exported files as both the RAW and Jpeg look the same - as does the preview on the camera's LCD. Fujifilm image: 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nikon image:   
    • Olaf - thats a good point - the original image on Flickr appears to be the preview from a RAF file (13 MP jpeg/Normal quality) rather than an original full size jpeg in FINE quality - still shouldn't be as blurry as this example