Firmware update Fujifilm X-T2

Hi 

I have recently purchased a used Fujifilm X-T2. I am trying to update the firmware to the latest version but continually get the error that it is not for this model. I have checked that it is the firmware for the x-T2, checked that the name was correct and the I put the file in the root directory of a freshly formatted SD card. I have also successfully updated the firmware on my GFX100s with  no problem and the process is the same. I don't think I am doing anything incorrectly when it comes to the process up updating the camera. Does anyone know if the firmware for the X-T2 is country specific and if so how can I tell which country my X-T2 is from?

As far as I know the firmware is not country specific. Are you sure that the filename has not been changed ( I am told this can happen with mac os). That's the only thing I can think of.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your help. I am sure that the filename has not been changed. I have checked this many, many times and have been successful updating the lens on this camera and the firmware on other Fujifilm cameras so I am just grasping at straws when I asked if a camera could be country/region specific. I guess I will keep searching and I may have to contact Fujifilm themselves. 

The latest version that I updated to was V4.20 (I did not do V4.40 yet). In case you want to try, here is the file that I had downloaded from fujifilm-x.com on July 24th, 2018 and that I successfully used to upgrade my X-T2, with its original filename.

FWUP0010.DAT  (copy the link and put it in a new browser tab)

Edited by George_P