Latest firmware update

oh wow, that is very odd.  Can you not simply put any version you want onto a formated SD card,

and install it like every other priece of hardware on the planet?

@botty have you tried a different lens, or updating the firmware on your lens (if thats the only one you have one)?

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue with my XH2, after installing firmware V4.0. I tried different SD card, OEM battery and use Fuji lens. Nothing worked. So, I submitted a repair request on Fuji site and I sent the camera back to Fuji, they reverted my camera back to firmware 3.1 on my camera. It has been working fine without locking during my last few photo shoots. I learned the hard way to update firmware too soon, because I wanted better auto focus. If my camera is stable and I am generally happy with it, then I will wait for quite a while and check the web for stability issue, before upgrading firmware next time. You can help the next Fuji firmware release if you save the lock up setting in one of custom mode dial such as C7, before you send your camera for repair. Try call Fuji support, to see if they can make a special arrangement to revert back to firmware 3.1 without you sending your camera in.

just out of curiosity, has anyone tried installing older firmware themselves?

I understand the fuji website doesn't have a firmware archive pre se, but what if we have old versions on our drives?

Does the camera simply refuse to go backwards? 

I've never seen a piece of hardware behave that way in my 30 years of experience.

7 hours ago, Tomek666 said:

just out of curiosity, has anyone tried installing older firmware themselves?

I understand the fuji website doesn't have a firmware archive pre se, but what if we have old versions on our drives?

Does the camera simply refuse to go backwards? 

I've never seen a piece of hardware behave that way in my 30 years of experience.

I've tried - don't remember the exact message but it refused to update (also doesn't prove its true for all cameras but its a reasonable assumption)

I think I saw a post somewhere about hacking the file with the firmware to change the version number in its header, thus making it possible to revert back to an older version. Google it if you are interested. 

Has anyone here had a problem with the latest firmware of XH2S  Ver.6.00? Because I keep having a false focus or not in focus when taking photos, especially during any fast movement during events? It seems that the new version is struggling to get the focus right