monitor preview problem

qwertz7

Hi all,

i have a problem with my preview. 

it seems that the preview is more saturated and more contrasty than the final image.

When i look at the monitor (or EVF) the image it looks quite saturated and contrasty and when i take the image, the image changes to a less saturated and less contrasty version.

Anyone else noticed this? 

(i have WB preview on btw.) and screen settings all on "0"

thanks, Tom

i have HUGE problems with exposure and color inaccuracy on my LCD as well with EVF .I've used all the metering modes,changed the exposure,preview effect ,nothing.The image is different on the screen ,always much brighter or much darker (depending the mode) than the picture i finally get.Colors also are inaccurate and now i switched again to Fuji X-T1 which is wayyyyy more accurate  and what i see is what i get.I'm going to contact Fuji Service to see what they're going to tell me.

Edited by Vasilis

Yes, to me it seems the LCD of the X-T2 slightly darker than the X-T1's .The main problem is: LCD before shot vs image taken (RAW or Jpeg) and EVF before shot vs image taken (RAWor Jpeg) .I'm changing the white balance and the exposure and what i get is different ,meaning that the changes on the LCD or EVF are not accurate.

well, any digital image will look somewhat different depending on the software AND the hardware that you use, as discussed elsewhere one can only get a picture in the EVF and LCD to represent as close as possible what the histogram of the image tells you but it will always be an approximation.

This is another thread with virtually the same question as this (thread duplication is very common)

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/4084-fuji-xt2-wysiwyg-v-evf/

In my experience one of the key ways to get in your electronic viewfinder or your liquid crystal display to show an image as close as the one that you will get on your computer is to tune DOWN the EVF and LCD luminosity.  I have it on -1 the EVF and on 0 the LCD)

Of course you need to enable the function preview picture too.

Even on the X-T1 many have complained that the picture doesn’t actually represent the image that they see on their computer.

I find that 

i have HUGE problems with exposure and color inaccuracy on my LCD as well with EVF .I've used all the metering modes,changed the exposure,preview effect ,nothing.The image is different on the screen ,always much brighter or much darker (depending the mode) than the picture i finally get.Colors also are inaccurate and now i switched again to Fuji X-T1 which is wayyyyy more accurate  and what i see is what i get.I'm going to contact Fuji Service to see what they're going to tell me.

Absolutelly sure! XT1 is a benchmark! Hope Fuji support will fix it. Do you know how we could 'officially' report this issue to Fujifilm?

Absolutelly sure! XT1 is a benchmark! Hope Fuji support will fix it. Do you know how we could 'officially' report this issue to Fujifilm?

No, but i'm going to call again tomorrow my country's Fujifilm Service to see what they will tell me.Just wish for a fix.