IBIS versus OIS on X-T4

Daniele Pontillo

I did not understand whether OIS on specific lenses overrides the IBIS on my X-T4. The manual specifies that the command on the lens does override the menu item on the camera software, but I cannot judge if this issue applies to the COMMAND only or to stabilization itself. This because I want to use the IBIS instead of OIS. Actually, if I turn on the OIS switch, the IS option on my camera is greyed out.

I asked Fuji service Europe about IBIS/OIS:

Has OIS priority with longer lenses because it is more effective for longer focal lengths while IBIS has priority with shorter focal lengths?.

They answered:
>> in practise you don't have the option to choose between OIS and IBIS. That means that both options work always together.
The fact is when you use lenses with longer focal length the OIS has priority as of the reason you mentioned. This means the stabilisation measured in EV steps will not be so effective as the use of lenses with wider focal length.<<

BR Henk