My X pro 2 is dead

Hi, I've just entered this forum to see if someone had my same issue: without any previous alert, my xpro2 refuses to come to life. It worked great till a few days ago, now it's dead. I thought about a battery issue, but three different batteries couldn't help. My lovely camera is 13 month old.

Any idea?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

you have your guarantee, depending on location this might still be valid and irrespective to this, unless you have done something to your camera which killed it, even past guarantee terms, no camera should “ die” , so you have recourse ( get in touch with the head office in Tokyo before you get in touch with your local importer whom might have a different view on this).

Fuji is usually very good with things like this.

I bought my camera on eBay from a Japanese seller, while I'm in Italy. I contacted Fujifilm Italy and they told me I should contact the seller.

I'd like to talk to Fujifilm in Japan, can someone suggest me a mail address?

No, if you fill that form goes directly to Tokyo

“ This form sends your inquiry to Fujifilm headquarters in Japan."

Contact Tokyo Headquarters

the other link is for USA 

You should be able to turn it off in your Tapaptalk preferences 

​“...Go to user profile (person icon at bottom right), click settings wheel at upper right, you can change notifications settings there."

Edited by milandro

No, if you fill that form goes directly to Tokyo

“ This form sends your inquiry to Fujifilm headquarters in Japan."

Contact Tokyo Headquarters

Yes, but one line before it states "For customers in the United States of America". I'll try.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, agree with Milandro. Try Fujifilm Japan first. Failing which, just take it to Fujifilm Italy. All the best.

Thank you Aswald, I sent an inquiry to Fuji Jp, now I'm crossing my fingers.

this is how to with an I-phone, I assume will work also on your phone albeit slightly differently.

I used to have it in my emails of my samsung too, it took a little patience but now nobody gets emails from me being told which phone I use!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a chance that you updated your X-Pro 2 to Ver. 3.10?

Mine won't turn on after updating to Ver. 3.10. I had to remove the battery for awhile and put it back in. It turns on but when I press the shutter button, it becomes unresponsive. I can't even switch it off. I had to remove the battery to switch it off.

Edited by Wendell

Is there a chance that you updated your X-Pro 2 to Ver. 3.10?

Mine won't turn on after updating to Ver. 3.10. I had to remove the battery for awhile and put it back in. It turns on but when I press the shutter button, it becomes unresponsive. I can't even switch it off. I had to remove the battery to switch it off.

I'm not sure if I have installed firmware 3.1, probably not. In any case, I haven't done any update in the last few months, and my camera was perfectly working til the day before I discovered it was dead.

I left it without batteries for days, just to try if that cures it, but was no help.

• 3 months later...

Simply wondering, but how is the X-Pro now?

I was ready to accept that my camera was dead forever, but before to close it in a box and forget about it, I simply tried once more time to put a fresh battery on (tried this ten times already). I switched it on, display still dead, but a little "tick" sound... I switched some more times off and on, and finally it lit! The sound I've heard was that same sound you can feel when you switch from optical to electronic viewfinder. I'm guessing that for some reason something got stuck on the mec that switches between viewfinders.

So now I have two xpro2... I couldn't live without, and a bought a new one after one month of trying to revive my camera. As soon as I paid the new one, first came to life!

I have come to accept that Fujifilm cameras are not the most reliable. Fortunately mine all broke within the 24 months warranty period ;-)

And I also had the main board of my Canon 5D replaced back then; ouch! OTOH, the xxD cameras were built like a brick; the 20D still works and now has its fourth owner!