How do I install the JJC Ef-XTL eyecup on the Fuji XT2

I don't know if you can change to that eyecup or not, but when I tried to get the regular cup off to clean it, I nearly pulled it to pieces. There is a trick that's not in the book of pulling up then out. After the mess I made, I took my T2 to a jewelry shop to a man who works on watches. He put it back on better than it had been out of the box. He charged me nothing as he was glad to have something different to work on.

A little knowledge is dangerous...

Of course it is removable ! It even fits the old eyecup! ( see this http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/3935-fujifilm-long-eyecup-ec-xt-l-for-x-t1-on-x-t2/)

Even on the later model of the X-T1 (mine) the eyecup would not come out so easily ( the first ones did and everybody lost them)

As shown in this video, not mine, one removes  ( Jiggling a little if needed) the old one and puts the new one on, there is no need of any goldsmith and no particular problems, in doing it just gently but firmly jiggle it (or, as shown in the video, lift up slightly the bottom portion of the eyecup and slide it out)

Edited by milandro

No reason to feel offended because I wrote that there was no need to bring your camera to a professional of any type!

There was no reason to bring this to a goldsmith or a lab... or a watchmaker.

You can see in the video that there is hardly any special skill involved, can’t you?

I appreciate that you wanted to share your experience ...

but you also were conveying the impression that this was something which required special skills and it clearly doesn’t, hence the comment “ No need for any goldsmith” (or a watchmaker) this is something that if anything , anyone should be able to perform, as indeed and no doubt intended by Fuji!

Internet is of a great help but one can easily spread faulty “ information” and before you know the X-T2 has the reputation to have an eycup that cannot be changed or that it requires a tech to change.

Maybe I should have made it into the joke: " how many technicians does one need to change a X-T2 eyecup? None!"

You were probably just overzealous in acquiring the services (even for free) of a watchmaker.

Edited by milandro

Half of my eyecup was pulled out, with one of the holes torn.  It was so flappy that it blocked the viewfinder.  I had to physically pull the edge down for it to register that an eye was near so the image would appear.  As it was, the viewfinder was black.  To repair it, I would have had to take out the tiny screws, lift and position the holes and the tabs.  I was on a ship in Asia and had no tools with me.  I asked the manager of the jewelry boutique if he could fix it and he did.

Maybe I wasn't clear that my problem wasn't merely pop and flip.  I had a badly damaged eyepiece that was making me crazy.