X-T2 FEATURE REQUEST - Choose all or only phase focus points in wide/tracking mode

A lot of us are coming to Fuji from nikons where we had fantastic 3D tracking AF-C mode and got used to it. Closest similar to this is Wide/Tracking on Fuji, but by default and in S and CL drive modes it uses all autofocus points including contrast detecting which makes it, well, rather slow and focus hunting. But in CH drive mode it's just ideal - it uses only phase AF points in the centre and works like magic, only drawback being that in CH camera makes minimum of two shots with every press of shutter button, regardless of how quickly you press it. So please, Fuji, PLEASE just make this (selection of only phase detection focus points in wide/tracking) selectable by user in other drive modes. Also, it would be nice if camera would remember which af mode I used in AF-S or AF-C last time. For example, I use single point in AF-S and zone AF in AF-C (though I'd rather use wide/tracking ;) but I have to switch it every time I switch to AF-C or AF-S. Thanks and I really hope you Fuji guys will see this post.

PS. Thanks for the fantastic cameras, I sold my Nikon D4 to get XT2 and have zero regrets.

• 2 weeks later...

I have X-T2 with powergrip XT2-VPB. My very successful settings for tracking:

AF-C setting set to second custom preset „Ignore obstacles&continue to track subject“,phase detect area 3x3 (zone focusing), CH 5 shots/minute, and it works fine. The most of photos are razor sharp (soccer).

Conclusion: For good results - lenses with linear AF drive, OIS OFF and powergrip. Not one point AF or wide tracking. Only 5 shots/minute because without blackout in EVF. I´m very happy with results. I was Canon guy.

Edited by hildasea