XT 30 and adding film simulations

Added a Fuji weekly Tri-X film simulation to my XT30 and finding that after activating it from the Q menu, the settings for such things as Dynamic Range, Highlight, Shadow etc are persistent when I change to a different simulation, either in the Q menu or from settings. By default, the custom settings mirrored the the film simulations, so if want to switch to Classic Chrome, I could do that but also need find the custom setting that corresponded to CC. 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Sleeping Dog

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hello, it worked!! thanks for your help
    • I don't know whether I've missed something along the way, but here's my view: Firstly, I'm new to the digital world, having used film all the way (still using film as well as plates on occasion). I've always used prime lenses, with zooms being something  of a reluctant inclusion to my armoury. I'm still using the old glass a bit on my X-T5. However, I've found to my surprise that the kit lens, for a start, (the 16-80mm f4) is actually very good. I've also got the 55 - 200mm and the 35mm prime (this being my "nifty fifty". I'm happy with the coverage and happy with the IQ from them all at the middle aperture ranges which I use so much. Time was when I wouldn't have given a zoom much consideration at all, but these lenses aren't letting me down in any way. In fact, I was seriously impressed for once to find a kit lens which was a "keeper" (weather-resistance included!). If someone was starting out, they could get by very easily with that on its own for quite some time, without feeling the need to replace it soon after purchase. I only actually got the kit lens because I had nothing which would speak to the camera, and I wanted the camera to have every chance to show what it could do Given that my most used lenses on my SLRs were the 50mm and 135mm, I had those in effect from the off in one lens. OK, they're not as quick as primes, but that isn't an issue for me. When I bought the X-T5 my intention was to buy a full set of primes over time, but I'm not feeling the need to at the moment. Am I missing something here? Genuine question. Don't be afraid to point fingers and laugh if I am missing something. I'm a big boy and I can take it! But, yes, that is my question and my quandary before I commit any further money in the Fujifil/Fujinon arena. 
    • Tomaz, do you see the flickering indoors with artificial lighting, or also outdoors in natural light ?  When I am at low f numbers e.g. 1.4, 1.8 with a shutter speed e.g. 1/125 and with a scene lit by a fluorescent lamp @50Hz (a simple lamp without an intelligent driver, for example Helvar, that operates at higher frequencies), I see this “flickering” in the EVF like you do. That is caused by the interaction between the frequency of the light source with the EVF refresh rate. You can use Flickerless Shutter Speed Setting to eliminate this effect. 
    • Good morning, people. I'm a recent convert to mirrorless and an even newer convert to Fuji, so please, if my questions appear foolish, make allowances, please!