Field monitor doesn't work wit my X-T3

john giskes

Hi,

I bought a AndyCine A6II HDMI camera monitor. But the display can't be connected to my X-T3. I had the same problem with an earlier bought Viltrox DC-550 pro camera monitor. If I put my camera to a HDMI port of my computer monitor it shows the picture from the camera. This monitor is able to display a 4K 25frames, and below, videosignal. I had a Viltrox lens attached to my camera, later I switched it for a Fujifilm 18-55mm. Any idea what could be wrong?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is just a guess, but the specifications for that monitor say it only supports 8-bit bit-depth. Most of the video outputs for the X-T3 are set to support 10-bit bit-depth.

Try using the H.264 codecs, with the same frame rates, etc. and see if you get an image.

edit:

https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t3/technical_notes/spec/index.html

• H.264: SD  card, 4∶2∶0, 8-bit/HDMI output, 4∶2∶2, 10-bit

edit, edit: Welcome to the forum.

Edited by jerryy

I may have missed something, but after reading through the settings listing, I do not think it is possible. Eight-bit HDMI is an older standard, I am guessing newer cameras dropped support for it.

You may have some good results with a converter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FilmDIT/comments/rukd94/does_anyone_have_a_recommendation_about_devices/

But, …., it may be less expensive to upgrade to a recently released field monitor that supports newer standards.

edit: HDMI v2.0 is the minimum standard that supports 10-bit bit-depth, so avoid monitors that only support HDMI v1.4.

Edited by jerryy