X-T5 Pixel Shift with Godox Trigger doesn't work

Vichenso

I use a Godox DP600III studio flash with the Godox XProF trigger.

Everything goes smoothly on the X-T5, but when I want to shoot in Pixel Shift mode there is no way, the flash never fires. I have tried all the low sync speeds, the maximum is 1/25, and all the available intervals between shots. Nothing.

However it does work if I put a Nissin i60 flash directly on the hot shoe. 

I have also tried to connect camera and flash directly with a traditional cable and it doesn't work either. It could be that the cable is in bad condition, to hold on to any hope...

However it works perfectly with the High Resolution mode of the Olympus E-M5 mk3.

I don't know if anyone has any ideas on how to get out of this predicament, I spent a lot of money on the camera mainly for this...

• 1 month later...

Since it works for you with a Nissin flash, there is definitely hope. The first thing I would try, would be to cover all connectors in the hotshoe except the big center one, with a piece of tape. This makes your camera act like there is a "dumb" flash connected, e.g. one that does not do TTL and other fancy stuff (like your Nissin).

The sad thing is: In many ways, Godox does not make their products truely compatible with Fuji. When you put a Godox flash or trigger on a Fuji cam, the camera is forced to use TTL which is NOT a good thing. Essentially one can only escape TTL by hardware hacks (like the above tape) or by using the camera function assigned to an Fn button: TTL Lock. (I am not sure all Fuji cams has this - my X-H2 does.)

(Btw: Using PC sync cable should work the same as using only the hotshoe center pin, so you might have had a bad cable connection. Those PC sync connectors are not exactly the most reliable connectors in the world.)

Oh, and yes, one can put your Godox flash in manual mode, but the point is that your Fuji camera still behaves like it is shooting TTL, which creates problems as the above, as well as introducing shutter delay and making it impossible to shoot in Fast Continuous mode with flash.

Edited by larsdaniel

On 12/5/2023 at 6:52 PM, larsdaniel said:

Since it works for you with a Nissin flash, there is definitely hope. The first thing I would try, would be to cover all connectors in the hotshoe except the big center one, with a piece of tape. This makes your camera act like there is a "dumb" flash connected, e.g. one that does not do TTL and other fancy stuff (like your Nissin).

The sad thing is: In many ways, Godox does not make their products truely compatible with Fuji. When you put a Godox flash or trigger on a Fuji cam, the camera is forced to use TTL which is NOT a good thing. Essentially one can only escape TTL by hardware hacks (like the above tape) or by using the camera function assigned to an Fn button: TTL Lock. (I am not sure all Fuji cams has this - my X-H2 does.)

(Btw: Using PC sync cable should work the same as using only the hotshoe center pin, so you might have had a bad cable connection. Those PC sync connectors are not exactly the most reliable connectors in the world.)

Oh, and yes, one can put your Godox flash in manual mode, but the point is that your Fuji camera still behaves like it is shooting TTL, which creates problems as the above, as well as introducing shutter delay and making it impossible to shoot in Fast Continuous mode with flash.

What you say is suggestive and I will try it out of curiosity. But in fact I bought second hand a Bowens GM500 (€60!!) quite old and it works perfectly with the cable, so the cable was not the problem.