Final exposure does not match electronic viewfinder

McBret

Hello All,
I have had my X-T5 since February and have been very happy with it. I have ensured that the camera's firmware has been updated as well as the lens. I have been in photography for 20 years and used Sony, Lumix and Olympus cameras. I made the switch to Fuji early this year.
I typically shoot in Aperture priority and am finding that the exposure of my final image is usually two stops or more lower than I originally see in the electronic viewfinder or LCD display. For example, I was taking a picture of a cityscape and had to set the exposure compensation to -1 in order to reduce highlight blowout in the scene. The image looked fine when reviewed in the viewfinder. However, when I imported into Lightroom, the RAW image was at least 3 stops darker. As I started to look at all of my files where I used an exposure compensation, I realized that I had to "fix" the exposure. If exposure compensation is not used, I don't seem to have any issues. Any thoughts?

• 8 months later...

I use my XT5 in full manual and the actual exposure does not match my viewfinder image. This just started to take place after owning the camera for over a year. I did a reset to factory settings, but to no avail. This is extremely frustrating, and I’m wondering if the metering system is faulty. Thoughts? 

The EVF brightness can be set to AUTO (Screen Setting - EVF Brightness). Did you perhaps switch that on ?

Also, did you perhaps switch Preview Exp./WB to one of the other two options, i.e. WB only or OFF ?

I am not sure if the reset restores these settings. Does the actual exposure match the histogram ?