Get A Grip :: J.B. Camera Designs Pro Wood Grip for Fujifilm X-Pro 2 AVAILABLE (Handmade in the USA)

Get A Grip :: J.B. Camera Designs Pro Wood Grip for Fujifilm X-Pro 2 AVAILABLE (Handmade in the USA)

More here: http://www.fujirumors.com/get-a-grip-j-b-camera-designs-pro-wood-grip-for-fujifilm-x-pro-2-fujifilm-available-handmade-in-the-usa/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very nice.

Not unlike others that I’ve seen before for other cameras and in all honesty not even absurdly priced.

My qualm with this is that the maker appears to have sacrificed looks for to function at least in one very important element and that is that the base is not a plate sliding in an arca swiss compatible head.

Yes, of course you can put a plate under the base but it won’t look the same or be the same.

I understand that in all probability one couldn’t make this of “ Peruvian walnut” but maybe it could have been possible to make it in “ ironwood”.

Although nowadays it has lost its mechanical applications, Ironwood is an high density wood, as dense that actually sinks in water. In the early years of the industrial revolution many things were made of ironwood.

Of course Ironwood is not easy to work on but it is nothing that good sharp mechanical tools couldn’t tackle. Ironwood is also heavy. Too heavy for a thing like this.

So why not making this completely of aluminum? What’s the point, other than the looks, of the strip at the bottom made of wood while the most visible part is made of aluminum?

De gustibus non est disputandum. OK, I get that. And yes, a few, if not all of the X pro 2 customers are sensitive to making a visual statement (I told you of my friend who has bought this camera but only ever uses the EVF but likes to have an OVF on it because it looks so Leica-ish?) with their camera ( don’t flame me for reporting this, my friend really said that...).

However there has to be a point and I fear this grip is slightly missing some of it.