X-T1 Replacement

sbruns

I'm ready to pull the trigger on buying an X-T1, but because it has been on the market for nearly 2 years, I'm concerned that Fuji may be on the verge of releasing an X-T2. Does anyone have any information as to when an updated version might be announced? Thanks.

For what a rumor is worth....and since this is the forum of a rumor’s site after all.

See the buttons on top of each page? The last one says Fuji X rumors. If you press that one and then on the page which opens in the search box you type X-T2 what you get is this:

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-coming-pretty-soon-after-the-fujfilm-x-pro2-source-right-in-the-past/

How reliable the source and how realistic the rumor I don’t know.

They will replace the X-Pro-1 sooner rather than later, of course they will have to introduce something new for the Photokina 2016 , which is still one year away.

Introducing the X-T2 in 2015 would take some wind off the sails of the X-T10. If I were them I would introduce the X-Pro-2 in 2015 and then wait for the Photokina to introduce the X-T2.

What the exact nature of the improvements on these two cameras will be depends much of the sensor which is available to Fuji.

In all honesty, having a 24Mp sensor leaving the rest pretty much the same wouldn’t make me buy another camera.

If I were you I’d buy a X-T10 and wait for the bigger brother to show up. Life is too short to keep on waiting.

I wonder what the chances are of a new X-T1 (X-T2) 24MP being announced and available for sale by August 2016.

I'm headed to Alaska for two weeks to cover a wedding and do some additional stock/landscape work since I'm already there at the expense of the Bride and Groom.   Even though I really don't need the extra MP it would be nice insurance to have to future-proof my stock images sales.

Anyone?  Any thoughts?