Capture One/Silver Efex round trip problem

I do the majority of my edits on my X-T1 and X-E1 RAF files in Capture One 10.1, but have always liked the ease and results I got with Nik Collection Silver Efex Pro back when I used LR, so for now I'm sticking with SEFx for B&W while I continue learning the still new to me Capture One.

No problems going from COne > Silver Efex using 'Edit With,' to do my edits in SEFx, but when I Save the B&W .tiff isn't sent back to COne. A .tiff is sent back (if it ever even left, might just be the same one created to be sent to SEFx?) but it's not black and white and doesn't have any of the SEFx edits - unlike how the round trip worked when I used SEFx with LR and PS.

So I did a File Explorer search for the .tiff files and several PS 'File Shortcut' files show up (some with .COP and .COF extensions under Users/ADMIN), but I get the following message in PS if I try to open any of them:

"Could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document."

The only way I can open the B&W .tiff file with the edits made in SEFx is by opening the ACDSee Ultimate 10 .tiff image using ACDSee Quick View. I have ACDSee 10 installed on my computer but never use it since I got COne at the same time. Why it's where SEFx is sending .tiffs imported from COP, I have no idea.

'Settings' in SEFx shows nothing that would allow me to choose where to send edited and saved files. I'd like for them to be saved back to COne since I never bothered learning ACDSee and prefer to keep things simple and everything in COne.

What am I not doing right in order to get saved .tiff files to show up back in COne?

Edited by Big Swifty

Hi,

I am un sing the same configuration, and it does work. The Tiff shows up in C1 viewer and is saved in the same folder as the original. If you don’t see the file: could it be that a filter is active? Maybe one of the global filters?

Good luck!

Holger