XT2 incamera file numbering woes...

DennisXT2

Wondering if anyone can help me. There is 2 settings for file numbering in camera mainly renew or continuous and it must have been on continuous when I put my card in as after taking a shot, the file number reads DSCF534_4520. (Before this, SD card was already formatted with the camera.)

I then changed it to 'renew' in the menu and reformat the card again and took a shot . It changed back to DSCF100_0001 which was a relief. I shot around 50 shots while playing with the camera and tried loading it to the pc. All was good.

Last night I went out to shoot and forgot the card and therefore I used another card. Please note at this point I changed the setting to continuous hoping that it will continue the file numbering. The number continued sequencing to DSCF534_4521. (This card was also formatted after I put it in.)  

Thinking that it may be card dependent, when I reached home, I pulled out my card and put back the previous one and tried a test shot. the number continued DSCF534-4523. 

Assuming if I were to use the same card after formatting and using "renew". There would be no problem. But once the card gets full and I format, it will reset to 0 again causing a high possibility of duplicate file names. Or if I use a new card, it will also reset to 0 as stated in the manual (See attached image). Manual was not very helpful.

I remember it wasn't like this when I was using my Sony A7II or Nikon D7100. Whichever card I throw at it will continue the number. Anyone has any idea how to rectify this? 

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!