Worse viewfinder selector (and button) in X100VI vs X100V

I already own an x100V which I've shot quite a lot with, and by now I am very familiar with the feeling of its controls.
On friday I got the latest iteraction of the x100 serie, and as soon as I held it I felt the viewfinder selector and button seemed a bit looser, and in general much worse quality compared to the older one.

Can anyone confirm this? When I heard that production moved to china I was a bit skeptical despite the "china or japan is the same quality" claims but if worse quality or QC is the price to pay to satisfy deman I'll gladly keep my older camera and give up the IBIS I actually bought the IV for.

My X100VI is probably the best quality camera I've ever owned - its my first in the X100 series so can't compare with the X100V - I haven't found any of the controls that don't work the way they should including the viewfinder selector.

Hi Greybeard, yes, it seems a great camera. But perhaps you could go menu function button setting and try to change the ael/afl button from on (hold) to switch (toggle) and see if you can. The manual says how. If you can I must have a faulty camera. I've tried immediately after a complete reset back to factory condition.

Cheers, Simon

• 1 month later...