X-H2s + 16-55 (or 15-45) + DJI RS3 Mini follow focus issue

Hello!

I tried to connect my RS3 Mini to Fuji X-H2S with RSS USB-C to USB-C cable. The camera is equipped with XF 16-55 or XC 15-45 lens. Both camera and lens are listed as compatible at DJI website.

But when I tried to use the follow focus feature with the gimbal's dial, I've found that it's completely unusable. And the reason is following.

When I try to set the focus using gimbal's dial, the focus starts changing. But when I stop moving the dial, the focus does not stop changing. Sometimes the focus does not start changing when I start moving the dial. Sometimes the focus goes into infinity instantly. Overall experience is very laggy and I cannot use the feature in real shooting.

Both lens are working normally, the focus in being set properly with the lens' dial. As RS3 mini supports changing other parameters with gimbal's dial, such as ISO and aperture, I tried changing them and it works smootly. The problem is only with focus pulling. Also I've noticed that while changing the focus with gimbal's dial, the s.s., F and ISO indicators on the bottom of the camera screen, which are normally blue in fully manual mode, are blinking into white and then into blue again. So I guess there is some issue in camera firmware in part of processing the RSS input for focus parameter.

The camera and the gimbal both have the latest firmware by date, which are 5.02 and 1.02.00.00 respectively.

I tried operating the camera both in USB tether auto and USB tether fixed modes - the result is the same.

Am I missing some settings, or I've ran into a bug?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...