Unfortunately, the graphite version costs hundreds of dollars more than the black X-Pro2. For other models, the price for silver and black is the same.

The X-T1 and X-T2 Silver/Graphite versions and this new X-PRO 2 Graphites have always been a couple hundred (or more) than the black version.  You are correct about the lower models like the X-E* line. Those have always had the same price for black/silver versions.  I only know because My heart was jonesing for the silver X-T1 ever since I knew it existed. My brain however told me I was an idiot for even THINKING about paying $200 more for a camera that did the same thing the black one I already owned does.  

The X-T1 and X-T2 Silver/Graphite versions and this new X-PRO 2 Graphites have always been a couple hundred (or more) than the black version.  You are correct about the lower models like the X-E* line. Those have always had the same price for black/silver versions.  I only know because My heart was jonesing for the silver X-T1 ever since I knew it existed. My brain however told me I was an idiot for even THINKING about paying $200 more for a camera that did the same thing the black one I already owned does.

Fujifilm will tell you that the process involved in making the XT2 and X-Pro2 Graphite/Silver is a modern mettarlurgical miracle involving forms of alchemy that our forefathers could only dream of, hence the slightly higher price. In fairness it is a different and seemingly more durable finish than the basic silver paint they spray on parts of the X-E and XT*0. Bear in mind the "silver" X-E2 for one is almost half plastic.

Fujifilm will tell you that the process involved in making the XT2 and X-Pro2 Graphite/Silver is a modern mettarlurgical miracle involving forms of alchemy that our forefathers could only dream of, hence the slightly higher price. In fairness it is a different and seemingly more durable finish than the basic silver paint they spray on parts of the X-E and XT*0. Bear in mind the "silver" X-E2 for one is almost half plastic.

The X100 line has always carried a silver version and, from what I read at various blogs, it is preferred to the black version because silver makes the camera look more like a traditional vintage film camera. I don't believe there's anything cheap about the silver version of the X100 series. I own a X100s and it looks great (and of course works great). I think a silver version of the X-Pro2 would have a style appeal to some photographers like myself.