Heck of a deal!

sgmcenroe

I have been waiting for the X-T2 to go on sale as I am going to Italy in May.  I always planned to get the booster grip eventually as well, because I enjoy wildlife and sports photography. The sale now going on (I went to Adorama) was great, giving me a savings of $230 on the combo, but they also offered an extra $100 off on any lens with the purchase, which gave me the opportunity to get the new 23mm at a true bargain price as well - plus Adorama threw in a bunch of little extras like a cleaning kit, the Corel suite, a super fast card, etc.   Don't know how long it will last.  It was still in stock when I ordered, though a similar package was out of stock at B&H.  If you have been waiting, now is the time.

man! I was so stoked for you from the first post. I went through amazon and was able to get the x-t2 and the grip with the rebate, so maybe that is an option for you?

AmazonUS doesn't have this promotion, or they have hidden it very well.  Been trying for a couple of days, have purchased Nikon promos from Amazon in the past with great success, even when some items were not in stock.

FYI:  When asked about this promotion the response from Amazon is:

"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the promotion for the X-T2 camera.

I have checked for the promotion and it is on a different site. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't honor any promotion from a different site unless and until Amazon provides the promotion on their site.

Therefore the promotion you are seeing is for that site only and not on Amazon.

We work hard very hard to give the best prices we could for our product but other site or businesses' promotion cannot be applied on ours. I hope you'll understand.

You are very well free to buy the product from anywhere you want but if you want authenticity and a genuine quality product I suggest you buy from Amazon.com without caring for the promotion.

Our customer service is always here to p our valuable customers. If you need us we are just an email away.

We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great rest of the day.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

Palash

Edited by mauka

AmazonUS doesn't have this promotion, or they have hidden it very well. Been trying for a couple of days, have purchased Nikon promos from Amazon in the past with great success, even when some items were not in stock.

FYI: When asked about this promotion the response from Amazon is:

"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the promotion for the X-T2 camera.

I have checked for the promotion and it is on a different site. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't honor any promotion from a different site unless and until Amazon provides the promotion on their site.

Therefore the promotion you are seeing is for that site only and not on Amazon.

We work hard very hard to give the best prices we could for our product but other site or businesses' promotion cannot be applied on ours. I hope you'll understand.

You are very well free to buy the product from anywhere you want but if you want authenticity and a genuine quality product I suggest you buy from Amazon.com without caring for the promotion.

Our customer service is always here to p our valuable customers. If you need us we are just an email away.

We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great rest of the day.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

Palash

going through amazon it was sold to me through PhotoCraft. I called their customer service and they had no problem with the rebate. My card was only charged $100 for the grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

going through amazon it was sold to me through PhotoCraft. I called their customer service and they had no problem with the rebate. My card was only charged $100 for the grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The promotion is not a rebate - a rebate means pay full price, submit form, wait months, and then pray you get the money back.

The promotion is advertised as a bundle discount off the selling price.

And did you order the "grip" or the "battery booster", two different things, the promotion is for the battery booster.

The battery booster retail price is $329, the grip retail price is $129.

Edited by mauka

The promotion is not a rebate - a rebate means pay full price, submit form, wait months, and then pray you get the money back.

The promotion is advertised as a bundle discount off the selling price.

And did you order the "grip" or the "battery booster", two different things, the promotion is for the battery booster.

The battery booster retail price is $329, the grip retail price is $129.

Sorry for not using the proper terms and thank you for the lesson.

In my circumstance I ordered the Fujifilm X-T2 coupled with the Fujifilm VPB-XT2 Vertical Power Booster. Final cost was $1,699.95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the deal before Adorama and B&H were out of stock, however I was able to order my X-T2 and grip for $1699 from competitivecameras.com.  I asked the guy I spoke to and he said he still had stock.  I'm not affiliated in any way.   They were easy to work with and shipped it 2 day UPS for free.   Deal doesn't include all the goodies that Adorama was offering but its still a great price.

If you order a lens in the bundle as well, you get an additional $100 off.  I have wanted, and now ordered, the 23mm f2, so I essentially got the camera and booster grip for the price of the camera alone + the price of a lens I wanted.  I am happy.  Just hope they get more stock in from Fuji soon.

Edited by sgmcenroe